Apple TV app is a streaming platform launched by Apple in November 2019. Within one year, Apple TV has a huge userbase. Unlike other Apple services, Apple TV is available for other devices like smart TVs, streaming devices like Firestick and Roku. The subscription starts at $4.99 per month. Apple TV app is available for Samsung Smart TV models.
To access the Apple TV app on your Samsung Smart TV, you need to have iTunes or iCloud account. You can also sync the Apple account that you are using on your iPhone. Apple TV app is pre-installed only on selected Samsung Smart TV models. If the app is not available on the list of apps, you can screen mirror the Apple TV app from your iPhone.
Procedure to Use Apple TV on Samsung Smart TV
As the app is pre-installed on Samsung TV, you don’t have to install and download the Apple TV.
(1) Navigate to the Apple TV and tap on it to open the app.
(2) Go to the Settings page and choose Accounts.
(3) Under Accounts, select the Sign In option.
(4) In Apple TV, you can sign in with two methods. Using iPhone and using the activation code.
(5) If you choose to use your iPhone, scan the QR code that appears on your TV.
(6) If you choose to use the activation code, go to the Apple TV activation website, and submit the code.
(7) After that, you will get all the Apple TV content on your Samsung Smart TV.
Procedure to Use Apple TV on Samsung Smart TV: Using AirPlay
If the Apple TV is not available on the Samsung smart TV, you can use this method as an alternative.
(1) Make sure that your iPhone\iPad is connected to the same WiFi network as Samsung Smart TV.
(2) Open the Apple TV and stream any of the video titles.
(3) On the playback screen, tap the AirPlay icon.
(4) It will search for a nearby casting device. When your Samsung Smart TV is detected, tap on it.
(5) The video will appear on your Samsung Smart TV.
Use the Apple TV app on your Samsung TV and watch all the Apple Originals. If the app is not available, use the AirPlay feature to screen mirror the app. Some of the popular video titles on Apple TV are Defending Jacob, Amazing Stories, and Tiny World. Comment your favorite Apple Originals in the comments below.
Apple TV App Not Working on Samsung TV
If you have any issues like the app is not opening, or you are getting a blank screen, try the below solutions.
- Restart your Samsung Smart TV and try again.
- Unplug the Apple TV and then plug it again.
- Check your internet or WiFi connection.
- Update Samsung Smart TV or the Apple TV app.
- Reset the Smart Hub. Go to Settings –> Support –> Self Diagnosis –> Reset Smart Hub.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you use Apple TV on a Samsung TV?
Yes, you can. The app is available only for selected Samsung Smart TV models.
2. Why can’t I find the Apple TV app on my Samsung TV?
If you can’t find the app, it means that your smart TV is not compatible with the Apple TV app. You have to use the AirPlay method mentioned here to screen mirror the app to your smart TV.
3. What Samsung TVs are compatible with Apple TV?
The Samsung TV models that have the Apple TV app are,
Samsung QLED – 8K Q9, Q8 Series (2019, 2020)
Samsung QLED – 4K Q9, Q8, Q7, Qx Series (2018, 2019, 2020)
Samsung FHD/HD 5,4 Series (2018, 2019, 2020)
Samsung UHD 8, 7, 6 Series (2018, 2019, 2020)
Samsung The Sero Series (2019, 2020)
Samsung Serif Series (2019, 2020)
Samsung The Frame Series (2018, 2019, 2020)
The Samsung TV models that support the AirPlay feature are,
Samsung FHD/HD 4, 5 Series (2018)
Samsung QLED – 4K Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9 Series (2018, 2019)
Samsung QLED – 8K Q9 Series (2019)
Samsung UHD 6, 7, 8 Series (2018, 2019)
Samsung The Frame Series (2018, 2019)
Samsung Serif Series (2019)