The Apple TV remote is used to navigate and control your Apple TV. Using the Siri button on your Apple TV remote, you can ask questions and get things easily on your Apple TV. You can use the remotes with the fourth-generation Apple TV and also on the older versions. Like all other devices, the Apple TV remote also has some connection issues, and there are many reasons for the Apple TV remote not working. The issue may frustrate you when you try to navigate on your Apple TV. Sometimes even your new Apple TV remote will have some connection issues. The article lists some important fixes you can try when the Apple TV remote connection is lost.
How to Fix Apple TV Remote Connection Lost
Try the fixes mentioned here in the below section when your Apple TV says remote connection lost.
1. Check your Apple TV Remote Battery
1. Initially, navigate to the Settings app on your Apple TV.
2. Select Remote and Devices from the settings menu.
3. Tap Remote from the list.
4. Now, you can find the battery percentage of your Apple TV remote.
2. Charge your Apple TV Remote
If your Apple TV 4k remote connection is lost often, the next common fix you can try is to charge your Apple TV remote. Your Apple TV comes with two types of Apple TV remotes. You need to charge your Siri remote when your Apple TV remote needs a battery change.
1. First, take a lighting cable from Apple devices to use as your Apple TV remote charger.
2. Plug the one end of the lighting cable into the lighting port located at the bottom of the Siri remote.
3. Connect the other end to the computer USB port or a USB power adapter.
4. To charge your computer fully, leave it connected for at least 3 hours.
3. Replace your Apple TV Remote Battery
If you are using old Apple TV models, you need to change your Apple TV remote battery as they do not come with the lighting cable. With this, you can fix the Apple TV remote that keeps losing connection.
1. Use a coin to turn and open the battery component at the back of your aluminum Apple remote. Then, take out the old battery.
2. For the white Apple TV remote, you can find the battery component at the bottom of the remote.
3. Press the release button using a paper clip to open the battery tray.
4. If you wish, you can replace the aluminum remote with the new CR2032 or BR2032 lithium 3V coin battery.
5. You need to use the CR2032 battery on the white Apple TV remote, which you can get from most stores.
4. Reset Apple TV Remote
The next fix you can try when your Apple TV remote connection is lost is to reset the Apple TV remote. There are many ways to reset your Apple TV remote.
1. First, disconnect your Apple TV.
2. Wait for 6 seconds and plug it back again.
3. Launch the home screen using your Apple TV remote to check if the problem is fixed.
Reset your Apple TV Remote Manually
Follow the steps below to reset your Apple remote based on the Apple TV model you own.
Fourth-Generation Siri Remote
1. Press and hold the Menu and Volume Up button on the Siri Remote concurrently until a pop-up message appears on the screen.
2. Locate the Apple TV remote close to the Apple TV till the pop-up on the screen disappears.
3. Now, use the Apple TV remote to navigate your Apple TV.
Second-Generation Siri Remote
1. Press and hold the Back and Volume Up buttons until you see the pop-up on the screen.
2. Place your Apple TV remote close to your Apple TV till the pop-up disappears from the screen.
3. Once the pop-up disappears, try using your Apple TV remote.
Older Apple TV Remote
1. Press and hold the Left and Menu buttons simultaneously until a pop-up appears on the screen.
2. After the pop-up appears on the screen, long-press the Right and Menu buttons together till the pop-up appears on the screen with a pairing icon.
3. Then, you can use your Apple TV remote to navigate your Apple TV.
You can try all the above fixes if your Apple TV remote connection is lost frequently. However, if none of the above methods helps you to fix the problem, you need to contact the manufacturer or try using a new Apple TV remote.
Frequently Asked Questions
The common reason for your Apple TV remote disconnecting is the problem with the Bluetooth connectivity, you need to solve this by connecting the remotes wirelessly and resetting your remote.
Place the Apple TV remote near the TV and press and hold the Back or Menu and Volume Up buttons for six seconds to reconnect your Apple TV remote.
Yes, you can use the Apple TV remote mobile app on your iPhone or iPad to navigate your Apple TV.