In the midst of international streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and YouTube, there are region-specific and country-specific streaming platforms. Streaming apps like BritBox and Hulu are only available in selected countries. The content in those streaming apps is also restricted from a single country. With BritBox on Apple TV, you can get movies and series from British based content.
Though the video content is based in the UK, the app is available in countries like the USA, Canada, and Australia. BritBox app is officially available on the App Store for Apple TVs. Other than the app, there are also two other ways to access the app on your Apple TV. Read the rest of the article to find out all the different ways to use BritBox on Apple TV.
Procedure to Install BritBox on Apple TV
(1) Turn on your Apple TV and go to the App Store.
(2) You will see options like Featured, Top Charts, and more.
(3) Go to the Search option using the Apple TV remote.
(4) The on-screen keyboard will appear. Type BritBox and search.
(5) Select the BritBox app from the search results.
(6) On the next screen, tap the Get icon to download and install the app.,
(7) Then, tap the Open button to run the BritBox app.
(8) Sign in with your subscribed BritBox account and watch your favorite British TV show.
Procedure to Screen Mirror BritBox on Apple TV
App Store is only available on the Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD models. Apple TV 3rd Gen and below models don’t have the App Store. You need to stick with the pre-installed apps on older models of Apple TV. But, if you have an iPhone or iPad, you can screen mirror the app to your Apple TV.
(1) Install the BritBox app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
(2) Connect your iPhone or iPad to the same WiFi network as your Apple TV.
(3) Go to the Control Centre and tap the Screen Mirroring option.
(4) It will search for a nearby casting device. When your Apple TV is detected, tap on it.
(5) Now, open the BritBox app and play any video file.
(6) It will appear on your Apple TV.
Procedure to Use BritBox on Apple TV as an Add-on
BritBox also offers its service as an add-on. If you are Apple TV+ users, you can add the BritBox channel as an add-on. The add-on requires a separate subscription and can only be used in the Apple TV app. For instance, if you have a subscription for the BritBox add-on, you can’t use the same credentials on the BritBox app.
As the Apple TV app is pre-installed, you can easily include the BritBox add-on. Open the Apple TV app and search for the BritBox add-on. Buy the add-on subscription and get to watch all the British shows with your Apple TV+ subscription.
These are the three different ways to use BritBox app on Apple TV. Pick the methods that suit your Apple TV model and watch all the British shows from your home. Share your opinion in the comments below.
Related: How to Add and Stream BritBox on Roku
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a BritBox app for Apple TV?
The app is officially available on the App Store for Apple TV 4K and HD models.
2. How much is BritBox?
The app costs £5.99 per month with a 30-day free trial.
3. Can you get BritBox on in Canada?
Yes, you can. It costs $8.99 per month with a 7-day free trial.