BritBox is a subscription-based video streaming service from BBC and ITV. It is now available in the USA, UK, and Canada. It was launched as a direct rival for Netflix. Nothing Latin or Greek, it is just like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney +. But a contradiction is it streams the biggest collection of British contents. It does come with a 7 days free trial. You can enjoy live tv shows after 24 hours of being streamed on TV. You can stream it on any Smartphone (Android or iOS), Smart TV, Chromecast, etc. Unfortunately, there is no native BritBox app for Amazon Firestick. But still, you can watch BritBox on Firestick by sideloading, which is discussed here in detail.
BritBox subscription costs $6.99 per month and $69.99 per year. This is way cheaper than Amazon Prime and Netflix.
Install and Watch BritBox on Firestick
Is BritBox available for Firestick?
An absolute No! You cannot directly download it on Amazon Firestick. Instead, you got another option with which you can sideload it. If you have Amazon Prime Membership, you can watch BritBox through your Prime account. But still, Amazon is $12.99/month and additionally $6.99/month to get BritBox. Without paying too much, there is another way to watch BritBox, which is sideloading. Let us discuss the ways in which we can sideload the app.
Create a BritBox account
Before going any further, you need to have a BritBox account. One subscription will give you access to watch it on multiple devices.
Purpose of VPN
Always you do have a problem called copyright infringement. Playing the BritBox is not legally wrong, but your ISP or Government will track you. When you play any copyrighted content unknowingly, it may raise some issues. So it is important to stay anonymous while doing it. And a VPN will help you to access geo-restricted content.
Method 1: Watch BritBox on Firestick using Amazon Prime
- Firstly, download Amazon Prime Channel on your Firestick. Then log in to your Amazon Prime account with your login credentials.
- Now, scroll down to locate Prime Video Channels and find the BritBox channel.
- Choose the video you want to watch. If you have a subscription already, you can enjoy the contents after logging in.
- If not, start with Watch with BritBox 7 days free trial. Enter your login credentials and start streaming the contents.
As said earlier, this comes at the cost of $20/month.
Method 2: Sideload BritBox App on Firestick
As you cannot get the application from the Amazon Firestick store, you need third-party application support. Such one application is “Downloader“. Before installing Downloader, you need to enable Apps from Unknown Sources.
- To enable Apps from Unknown Sources, Go to Settings >> My Fire TV/My Device >> Developer Options >> Apps for Unknown sources and turn it on.
- On the confirmation window, again click Turn on.
- Now, go to the Firestick Store and search for Downloader and click Get.
- Launch the Downloader app.
- Enter the BritBox download URL as http;//bit.ly/2OIAeW3.
- Click on the Go button.
- Now, sit back and wait until the app downloads.
- Click Next and then Install the BritBox apk file.
- Once installed, you can find the application on the Firestick home screen.
- Log in with your credentials and start using the app.
Method 3: Screen Mirroring from Smartphone
You can screen mirror the BritBox app from your Android or iOS Smartphone to the Firestick.
Android Phone or Tablet
- At first, enable screen mirroring on Firestick. Go to Settings >> Display and sounds >> Enable Screen Mirroring.
- Connect your Android phone and Firestick to the same WiFi network.
- On your phone, scroll down and find the cast option on Settings.
- Choose your Firestick device. Now the screen will be mirrored to the Firestick connected TV.
- Open the BritBox app and play your favourite content. You can view the same on your TV now.
iPhone or iPad
Here you can use the Airbeam Screen mirroring application on Firestick. Yes, it does require third-party app support to do screen mirroring.
- Download the Mirror for Firestick app on your iOS device and open it.
- Download the Airbeam Screen mirroring app (available on the Amazon App store) on Firestick. Then, click on screen mirroring.
- Connect your iPhone and Firestick to the same WiFi.
- Your phone will search for the available Firestick.
- Click on your device name and start broadcasting.
Related: How to Add & Stream BritBox on Roku
Don’t forget to let us know in which way you enjoyed BritBox on Firestick through comments.