Audible is the best option to purchase and stream audiobooks. Their library is filled with an exclusive collection of best-selling audiobooks and enthralling podcasts. It offers over 200000 audiobooks narrated by great performers. To use Audible, the user needs a subscription. It also offers one audiobook for free with a one-month free trial pack. It provides two affordable plans, namely Audible Plus and Audible Premium. The Audible app is available on Android, iOS, Windows, and Fire Tablets. If you like to listen to Audible on a big screen, Chromecast will be the best option. It is better to convert Audible books to Chromecast-supported audio files using an Audible converter to play them hassle-free.
How to Chromecast Audible from Android Phone
1) First, connect the Chromecast device to the HDMI port and turn on your TV.
2) Connect your Android phone and Chromecast device to the same Wi-Fi network.
3) Download the Google Cast app and Install it on your smartphone.
4) Open the app, and select the Cast Screen/Audio option available in the upper left corner.
5) After selecting the Cast option, select the Chromecast device or Speaker with Chromecast.
6) Now, launch the Audible app from the Google Play Store on your Android device.
7) Choose to play your favorite audiobook. Once you select the book, it will play in the speaker automatically.
Related: How to Stream Audible on Android TV [Quick Guide]
How to Access Audible on Chromecast TV from a Computer
Before casting Audible to Chromecast TV from the computer, it is necessary to convert the audio to Chromecast compatible audio format. For this purpose, you need an Audible Converter. There are many tools to perform this operation. However, we use AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter. It quickly converts the Audiobook files to common audio files.
1) First, download and install the AudFree Audible Converter on your computer.
2) Open Audible Converter, and click on the Add icon to add Audible books from the library.
3) Now, choose the Output Format and select MP3 from the list.
4) Now, click the Convert tab. Thus, Audible Converter will convert Audiobook files to the desired format. All the converted files will be available in the output folder or history.
5) Now, connect your computer and Chromecast device to the same Wi-Fi network.
6) Open the Chrome browser on your computer and visit the YouTube Music website.
Note: With the shut down of Google Play Music, YouTube Music is used as it supports uploading music from the PC. So, one can upload the converted audiobooks through it and then cast the same to Chromecast TV.
7) Click on the Profile icon and select Upload Music from the menu.
8) Further, select the file to play and select the Chrome menu.
9) Now, click the Cast option and select your Chromecast device to connect.
10) Finally, the audiobook will be played on the speaker with Chromecast built-in.
Audible offers premium audiobooks by international artists around the world. Besides that, you can stream more than 15,000 titles in the plus catalog.
Related: How to Play Audible on Roku TV [Alternative Ways]
TuneFab Audible Converter and Ondesoft Audible Converter are Audible converters that convert audiobooks to common files.
You can stream Audible for free with the 30 days free trial period.
Currently, Audible is not free with Amazon Prime. It requires a subscription of $14.95 to stream its content.
It may bring in some glitches while playing audio which can be fixed by stopping and restarting the audio.
With the Audible app on a phone, tablet, or PC, you can play Audible books on a Google Home speaker. i.e., you can cast Audible to Google Home using Bluetooth or the Google Home app. However, there is no native support available for the Google Home devices.