With the pandemic going on, it is considered Virtual as the best option. There are a lot of meeting apps available online. One such app is GoToMeeting. GoTo Meeting is a tool for online meetings and conferences. It is available for both smartphones and PCs. If you wish to attend the meeting on a bigger screen, then you can either connect your PC to the TV or cast the meeting to your TV. If you have a casting device like Chromecast, then you can cast GoToMeeting and watch it on the big screen.
The app is available in different subscription packages.
- Free Version is available
- Starter pack – $109/month for 1 organizer and 25 Attendees
- Pro Pack – $159/month for 1 organizer and 50 Attendees
- Plus Pack – $314/month for 1 organizer and 200 Attendees
How to Cast GoToMeeting to Chromecast Connected TV?
You can Chromecast GoToMeeting using the below options:
- Using Google Chrome Browser on PC
- Screen Mirroring from Smartphone.
How to Chromecast GoToMeeting using Chrome Browser on PC?
You can cast GoToMeeting using the Chrome browser. This method is applicable to both Windows and Mac:
1. Connect your Chromecast and PC to the same WiFi Network.
2. Open the Google Chrome browser on your computer and go to the URL.
3. On the address bar, type https://www.gotomeeting.com/ and go to the GoToMeeting website.
4. Log in to your account and join the meeting.
5. Right-click on the screen and choose the Cast option. Cast option is also available in the Chrome menu on the top-right corner of the screen.
6. Your PC will scan for the available devices over the WiFi and displays them. From the sources drop-down, choose the Cast Tab option.
7. Choose your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
Now your PC will establish a connection with Chromecast, and the browser tab will appear on the TV. You can attend the meeting using the TV.
How to Chromecast GoToMeeting using Smartphone?
GoToMeeting is available on the Play Store and App Store. You can install it directly on your Android and iPhone. GoToMeeting is not a compatible Chromecast app. You cannot cast it directly from the app. But you can screen mirror the content to your TV.
Screen Mirroring from Android
1. Open the GoToMeeting app on your PC and join the meeting.
2. Connect your Android smartphone and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
3. Now, on your smartphone, swipe down from the top to open the Control Center. Tap the “cast” icon. (If you can’t find the Cast icon, then you can add it to the Control center by tapping the pencil-like Edit icon).
Alternatively on your smartphone, go to Settings > Connected devices > Connection preferences > Cast. Tap the three-dotted icon and check the box near “Enable Wireless Display.” A list of available devices will appear. Select the Chromecast device to cast your screen.
5. On the pop-up warning message, tap the “Start Now” option.
6. Your android phone will be mirrored on your TV. Start the meeting and see it on the TV.
Screen Mirroring from iPhone
Unlike Android phones, iPhones require third-party support to screen mirror. You can choose any one of the applications like Replica, Streamer for Chromecast, or Screen Mirror for Chromecast. You can get these apps from the App Store.
1. Download any one of the above-mentioned apps from the iOS App Store.
2. Connect your iPhone and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the GoToMeeting on your app and connect to your meeting.
4. Open any of the apps and go to Connect > Screencast > Start Broadcast. In the Replica app, choose the Chromecast device from the list of available devices and start broadcasting.
5. Choose your Chromecast device and then tap “Connect”.
6. After a successful connection, your iPhone will be mirrored on your TV.
7. Open the GoToMeeting app and then start using it.
Note: As your TV doesn’t have a mic, Audio input and output will be on the Smartphone or PC only. You will not hear any audio on your TV. All video calling applications face the same issue.
Related: Chromecast Skype Calls to TV
1. How do I Chromecast my GoToMeeting?
You can either use your Smartphone or PC to cast the GoToMeeting to your TV. Follow the steps below to screen mirror.