IFC is one of the American Cable TV channels from AMC Networks. It mainly features shows in the Comedy and Horror genres. It streams both original and acquired programs. Some remarkable shows include Documentary Now!, Sherman’s Showcase, British Co-Production, Year of the Rabbit, Stan Against Evil, Portlandia, Brockmire, etc. Besides catching up on the current season’s shows, you can also stream the classic episodes. In addition, you will find many hand-picked collections of cult comedies and fan-favorite movies. There are various ways to stream the IFC channel. The TV Everywhere app is available for all major platforms, including Android, iOS, Firestick, Roku, etc. Let us now see how to Chromecast IFC in different ways.
IFC TV Everywhere app on Android or iOS platforms is compatible with the Chromecast streaming device. You can directly cast the shows from the app over a WiFi network. Or alternatively, you could try casting the channel through the Google Chrome web browser from your computer.
How to Chromecast IFC
To stream IFC on Chromecast-connected TV, you shall follow the below procedure.
(1) Connect your Chromecast device and your Android or iOS smartphone to the same WiFi network.
(3) Sign in to your IFC account with your pay-TV service provider account credentials.
(4) Now, the contents will load on the home screen.
(5) Tap the Cast icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
(6) Select your Chromecast device name from the list of available devices.
(7) Start playing any video you want, and it will be streamed on your Chromecast-connected TV Screen.
Related: How to Chromecast GSN to TV [Easy Ways]
Alternative Way to Cast IFC to Chromecast Connected TV
(1) From your Window or Mac PC, visit https://www.ifc.com/ using the Google Chrome web browser.
(2) Select the menu icon in the top-left corner.
(3) Choose the Live TV option.
(4) Click on the Sign-in option on the next screen.
(5) Select your pay-TV service provider. Or search for the provider that you have subscribed to.
(6) Then, you will be directed to the Sign-in page for your pay-TV service provider.
(7) Enter your username and password. Click on the Sign In button.
(8) Now, connect your Chromecast device to the same WiFi network as that of your computer.
(9) Right-click anywhere on the screen. Or click on the Menu icon from the top-right.
(10) Choose the Cast option.
Related: How to Chromecast TeenNick to TV [2 Alternative Ways]
(11) Then click on the Sources Drop-down and choose the Cast Tab option.
(12) Wait for the screen to mirror on the TV screen.
(13) Select any video and hit play to start streaming.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I stream IFC?
Through its own TV Everywhere app, you can stream the IFC channel with the cable or satellite TV service provider. If not, you can stream with live TV streaming services like Philo, Sling TV, Fubo TV, DIRECTV Stream, YouTube TV.
2. Is IFC free to stream?
You can get the channel for free with a participating cable or satellite TV Service provider or with live TV streaming services.
3. Can I get IFC on Chromecast with Google TV?
Yes, IFC’s Android TV Everywhere app will also work with the Chromecast with Google TV.