Chromecast has all the features to cast media filed from your smartphone or PC to your TV. Other than that, you can also Chromecast PDF to your TV from your smartphone and PC. Casting the PDF files to your TV will give a bigger view and will be easy to read. If you are reading a novel or studying through soft copy files, this will help you in many ways. This article will help you to cast the PDF file from your PC or smartphone to your Chromecast-connected TV.
If you have a PDF file stored on your device, there are two ways to cast the file to your Chromecast.
- Using PC,
- Using Smartphones
How to Chromecast PDF using PC?
For this, you need to have the latest version of the Chrome browser on your PC.
(1) Connect your PC to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast.
(2) Open the Chrome browser and make a right-click on any blank space.
(3) On the pop-up, click the Cast option.
(4) Now, your PC will search for nearby Chromecast devices.
(5) When it is detected, click the Sources drop-down button and choose Cast File.
(6) Now, the browser will ask you to choose the PDF file. Select the PDF file that you want to cast.
(7) Then, the PDF will be opened on your Chrome browser and will appear on your TV.
(8) You can control the page viewing and scrolling in the PC, the same will reflect on your TV.
Procedure to Chromecast PDF using Smartphones
To Chromecast PDF using smartphones, you need to mirror your smartphone screen. As none of the PDF viewing apps has a built-in Cast icon, you need to mirror your smartphone screen and then open the PDF file. This method won’t be as convenient as using a PC. In smartphones, you will get notification from different apps and that notification will appear on your TV. This may annoy you. So, we recommend you to use the PC method for better convenience.
Cast the PDF files from your smartphone or PC to your Chromecast connected TV and read them. Chromecast PDF files and view them on a bigger screen. If you have any difficulties in the casting, tell us in the comments section.
Related: How to Chromecast PPT Presentations?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you Chromecast a PDF?
Yes, you can. By using the above steps you can cast a PDF file with ease.
2. How do I cast a PDF from my iPhone?
For iPhone, you need to use the Chromecast Streamer app. The app is available on the App Store.