If you are tired of paying a yearly subscription and a monthly subscription, you can get Vudu streaming app. In the Vudu app, you can get to buy or rent movies. In this way, you can buy video titles only when you are free to watch them. The pricing starts from $4.99 per video title. The major advantage of the Vudu app is that it has Chromecast support.
Vudu can be accessed on both smartphones and PCs. With that, you can also cast Vudu from smartphones and PCs. Some video titles in the Vudu app are available for free. To stream the free content, all you need is an active Vudu account. You can create a Vudu account for free from the website.
How to Chromecast Vudu to a TV from Smartphone?
Follow the steps below to Chromecast Vudu to your TV:
(2) Then, connect both your Chromecast and smartphone to the same WiFi network.
(3) Open the Vudu app on your smartphone.
(4) Click the Cast icon next to the Search icon.
(5) A list of devices will appear. Choose your Chromecast device.
(6) Now, play any video title from the Vudu app. The Vudu video will appear on your TV.
How to Chromecast Vudu to a TV from PC?
(1) Connect your Chromecast and PC to the same WiFi network. Make sure that you are using the latest version of the Chrome browser on your PC.
(2) Go to the Vudu website on your PC.
(3) Right-click on any black space of the screen.
(4) On the pop-up, click on the Cast option.
(5) Your PC will look for a nearby casting device. When your Chromecast is detected, tap on it.
(6) Then, click the Sources drop-down button and choose the Cast tab option.
(7) After that, stream any video title on your PC. It will appear on your TV via Chromecast.
You can use the same steps to cast Vudu for any Chromecast device like Chromecast 3rd Gen and Chromecast 4K. If you recently bought the Chromecast with Google TV, you can also install the Vudu app from the Play Store.
Chromecast VUDU: Not Working
While casting Vudu to Chromecast, you may have some issues. If you have issues, follow the below solutions.
- Make sure that both WiFi connections on Chromecast and casting devices are the same.
- For smartphones, update the Vudu app.
- For PCs, update the Chrome browser.
- Check your WiFi router for a proper and constant WiFi connection.
- Restart your WiFi router.
- If nothing works, reset your Chromecast.
Related: How to Install and Use Vudu on Firestick?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Vudu work with Chromecast?
Yes, Vudu works perfectly works with any Chromecast device.
2. Is Vudu on Google TV?
If you are a Google TV user, you can install the Vudu app from the Play Store.