Webex Meetings by Cisco Systems is a video conference app that is used to host online meetings. In the time of COVID, video conference apps like Webex saw a huge number of new users. It is a subscription-based platform that costs $19 per month. Most of the video conference apps won’t have built-in Chromecast support. This goes the same for the Cisco Webex Meetings app. But, you can Chromecast the Webex Meetings app to your TV.
In the app, you can connect up to 50 members. When connecting a video call to many users, you may not see the other user’s screen clearly. In those situations, you can cast the video call to your TV to get a bigger view. With Chromecast, you can easily mirror the Cisco Webex Meetings app to your TV.
Ways to Chromecast Cisco Webex Meetings
- From Android Smartphones
- From iOS Devices
- Using PC
Procedure to Chromecast Webex Meetings From Android Devices
(1) Connect the Android smartphone or tablet to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast.
(2) On your smartphone, click the Cast icon.
(3) It will search for a nearby casting device. When your Chromecast is detected, tap on it.
(4) Now, open the Cisco Webex Meetings app or install the app from the Play Store.
(5) After that, make a video call. It will appear on your TV.
(6) For better resolution, use your smartphone in landscape mode.
Procedure to Chromecast Webex Meetings From iOS Device
(1) Install the Chromecast Streamer app from the App Store on your iPhone or iOS device.
(2) Connect your iOS device to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast and open the Chromecast Streamer app,
(3) It will search for your Chromecast device.
(4) When it is detected, you will get the below screen. Tap on the Screen MIrror button.
(5) Now, tap the Mirroring icon to start the screen mirroring.
(6) After that, you will get your iOS screen on your Chromecast connected TV.
(7) Open the Cisco Webex Meetings app and start your video conference.
(8) It will appear on your TV via Chromecast.
Procedure to Chromecast Webex Meetings Using PC
(1) Connect your PC to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast and make sure that you are using the latest version of the Chrome browser.
(2) Now, open the Chrome browser on your Windows or Mac, and go to the Cisco Webex Meetings website.
(3) Sign in with your Cisco account, right-click on the webpage, and choose the Cast option.
(4) Your Chromecast device will appear on the Extension bar. Click the Sources option and choose Cast Tab.
(5) Now, start your meeting. It will appear on your TV.
Note: Only the video will be cast. For audio, you have to use the Mic and speakers on your smartphone or PC.
Though the Cisco Webex Meetings platform doesn’t have Chromecast support, you can cast it in three ways. Use any one of the methods that are convenient for you and mirror the Webex video conference to your Chromecast-connected TV. Manage your video conferences on the bigger screen. If you have difficulties, tell us in the comments below.
Related: How to Watch Zoom Meeting on TV Using Chromecast
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I cast Webex on my TV?
With the screen mirroring feature, you can cast the Webex to your TV in three ways.
2. How do I use Webex in Chrome?
Go to the Cisco Webex Meeting webpage and cast the video call, as mentioned in the article.