Webex Meetings by Cisco Systems is a video conference app that is used to host online meetings. It is a subscription-based platform that costs $19 per month. Upon signing up, you can connect up to 100 participants. Most of the video conference apps won’t have built-in Chromecast support, and the Cisco Webex Meetings app is one among them. In other words, you cannot just cast Microsoft Teams to Chromecast TV but Webex Meeting as well. But, there are workarounds with which you can Chromecast the Webex Meetings app to your TV.
With Webex Meetings, you will get to experience video calls or conferences in HD quality with a screen sharing feature. Besides, the users can share messages, annotate, use the whiteboard, etc. Webex Meetings supports recording meetings, and thus, those who missed the live meeting can access it later.
How to Chromecast Cisco Webex Meetings
There are three different ways in which you can cast Webex Meetings to Chromecast TV.
- From Android Smartphones
- From iOS Devices
- Using PC
How to Chromecast Webex Meetings From Android Devices
(1) Connect the Android smartphone or tablet to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast.
(2) On your smartphone, open the Control Center and click the Cast icon.
(3) It will search for a nearby casting device. When your Chromecast is detected, tap on it.
(4) Now, open the Cisco Webex Meetings Android app or install the app from the Play Store.
(5) After that, make a video call. It will appear on your TV.
(6) For better resolution of Webex on Chromecast TV, use your smartphone in landscape mode.
Note: In case, if you get into any issue while casting Webex, you shall update Chromecast firmware.
How to Chromecast Webex Meetings From iOS Device
(1) Install the Chromecast Streamer app from the App Store on your iPhone or iOS device.
(2) Connect your iOS device to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast and open the Chromecast Streamer app,
(3) It will search for your Chromecast device.
(4) When it is detected, you will get the below screen. Tap on the Screen Mirror button.
(5) Now, tap the Mirroring icon to start the screen mirroring.
(6) After that, you will get your iOS screen on your Chromecast-connected TV.
(7) Open the Cisco Webex Meetings app and start your video conference.
- If you don’t have the app, install it from the Apple App Store.
(8) Now, Webex Meetings screen mirroring begins on your TV via Chromecast.
How to Chromecast Webex Meetings Using PC
(1) Connect your PC to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast and make sure that you are using the latest version of the Chrome browser.
(2) Now, open the Chrome browser on your Windows or Mac, and go to the Cisco Webex Meetings website.
(3) Sign in with your Cisco account, right-click on the webpage, and choose the Cast option.
(4) Your Chromecast device will appear on the Extension bar. Click the Sources option and choose Cast Tab.
(5) Now, start your meeting. It will appear on your TV.
Note: Webex supports casting only the video. For audio, you have to use the Mic and speakers on your smartphone or PC.
Though the Cisco Webex Meetings platform doesn’t have Chromecast support, you can cast it in three ways. Use any one of the methods that are convenient for you and mirror the Webex video conference to your Chromecast-connected TV. Manage your video conferences on the bigger screen. If you are looking for an alternative video conferencing app, you can use Zoom Meeting on TV Using Chromecast
Frequently Asked Questions
With the screen mirroring feature, you can cast the Webex to your TV in three ways.
Go to the Cisco Webex Meeting webpage and cast the video call, as mentioned in the article.
The basic plan is free, while the Business plan costs $25/month/user. There is an Enterprise plan and its cost may vary.
You can cast Webex to Android TV and other smart TVs using the same methods discussed above, provided your smart TV supports casting.
Yes. But the process isn’t straightforward as the app lacks the official cast icon.