Like every other smart device, you have to clear cache files on Roku. But, as per the official Roku reports, the Roku device won’t store any cache files, and there is no need to remove those files. When the app you want to open is not opening or if the device is not responding, you need to take some effective measures to resolve the issue.
Caches are the files and information stored on the device when you visit a website. It will store information like images, videos, GIFs, and texts that are present on the website. If you visit the website again, your smart device will retrieve saved cache files from the library and will load the website faster. As the Roku doesn’t have any browser, there is no way that cache files can be stored. Instead of that, you can restart the Roku device to remove all the temporary files.
Procedure to Clear Cache on Roku by Restarting
In Roku, there are two ways to restart the device. Using the remote shortcuts and using the Settings menu.
Clear Cache on Roku: Using Remote Shortcuts
(1) Make sure that the Roku streaming device and Roku remote are paired with each other.
(2) Open the Home screen on your Roku.
(3) Press the button in the following order,
Home button for 5 times
Up button for 1 time
Rewind button for 2 times
Fast Forward button for 2 times
(4) Then, wait for 15-30 seconds. Your Roku device will restart.
(5) After that, you can use Roku as usual.
Clear Cache on Roku: Using Settings Menu
(1) On the Home screen, go to the Settings menu.
(2) Choose the System options on the Settings menu.
(3) Navigate to the System restart option on the right pane.
(4) Now, click the Restart button.
(5) After the restart, you can use your Roku device without any issues.
Clear and remove all the temporarily stored information on your Roku by restarting the device. There is no way that your Roku will store cache files. If you are using any third-party web browsers on your Roku, restart the device to delete the cache files. Follow our space to know more about Roku streaming devices.
Related: How to Turn on Roku Without Remote
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Should I clear the cache on Roku?
As the Roku device doesn’t have any built-in web browser, you don’t have to clear the cache files manually.
2. Why is my Roku constantly buffering?
You can restart the device with any one of the methods mentioned above.
3. Does Roku have a cache?
Roku never stored cache files on the device. To delete the temporary files, you can restart the device.