Disney Plus (Disney+) is one of the newest streaming platforms launched on November 12, 2019. In the app, you will get all the video contents owned by Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. In addition to that, it also has original shows like Mandolarian, Encore, The Big Fib, and more. It has a subscription tag of $6.99 per month and $69.99 per year. The app is available on the App Store. So, you can install the Disney Plus on Apple TV with ease.
The older Apple TV models (3rd Gen, 2nd gen, and 1st gen) don’t have the App Store to download apps. Only the Apple TV 4th Gen and above models have the App Store to install apps manually. For the older version, you need to stick with the pre-installed apps or you cast Disney Plus from your iPhone to Apple TV.
Procedure to Install Disney Plus on Apple TV (4th Gen)
(1) Open the App Store on your Apple TV.
(2) On the App Store, click the Search icon on the top of the screen.
(3) The on-screen keyboard will appear. Search for the term Disney+ or Disney Plus.
(4) Choose the Disney+ app on the search results.
(5) On the next screen, click the Get icon to download the app.
(6) Wait for the download to complete.
(7) After the download is complete, click the Open button to launch the app.
How to Use the Disney Plus on Apple TV
(1) Open the app and click the Log In button.
(2) Sign in with your Disney+ account.
(3) You’ll get the home screen.
(4) Choose your favorite content and watch them.
How to Watch Disney Plus on Apple TV (3rd Gen, 2nd Gen & 1st Gen)
To watch Disney Plus on older Apple TV models, you can use the Screen Mirroring feature. You can cast the Disney Plus app from your iPhone/iPad to your Apple TV. To do so,
(1) Download the Disney Plus app from the App Store.
(2) Connect your iPhone to the same WiFi network as your Apple TV.
(3) Go to Control Centre and tap on the Screen Mirroring option.
(4) It will search for a nearby Apple TV device. When your Apple TV is detected, tap on it.
(5) Now. open the Disney Plus app and play any video. It will appear on your Apple TV.
Related: How to Watch Disney Plus Using Chromecast
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will Disney + be available on Apple TV?
Yes, Disney+ is available on the App Store but only for the Apple TV 4th Gen and Apple TV HD.
2. Why is Disney + not showing on Apple TV?
If you are using older Apple TV models, the app won’t be listed. You can use the AirPlay feature to screen mirror your iPhone to Apple TV.
3. How do I add apps to my old Apple TV?
The simple answer is no, you can’t. You need to use the pre-installed apps and screen mirror the other apps.
Install the Disney+ app on your Apple TV and watch all the Disney movies & series. If you are using the older versions (1st generation, 2nd generation, and 3rd generation Apple TV), use the screen mirroring feature to cast the app. When you try the screen mirroring feature, don’t forget to connect your iPhone to the same WiFi network as your Apple TV, otherwise it won’t work.