Live streaming sports content is no more a cable TV subscription thing. With ESPN, you will be able to stream almost every other sports match on any of your devices. It brings you to live sports updates, scores, highlights, on-demand news, highlights, etc. With ESPN, you will stay connected with up-to-the-minute scores. You will never miss anything from cricket, football, to NBA, NFL, MLB, Tennis, and more. Upon signing up for an account, you will get personalized alerts for your favorite teams or leagues. It is free to stream sports app that is available for lots of devices. This section will let you know if you can access ESPN on Apple TV in brief.
Is ESPN Available on Apple TV?
Yes. Just like other platforms, you will find dedicated ESPN on Apple App Store. In addition to iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, ESPN is accessible on tvOS too. So, you need not rely on any other streaming service to watch the ESPN app.
Procedure to Get ESPN on Apple TV
If you want to stream ESPN contents on your tvOS, then you shall follow the guidelines on the 4th and 5th generation of Apple TV.
1. Power on the Apple TV and connect to your home WiFi.
2. Press Menu button on the tvOS remote and you will land up on Home screen.
3. Swipe through the apps section using the touch section of the remote until you find App Store icon. Click on it.
4. Use the search bar available on the screen to find ESPN app.
5. Select the logo of ESPN from the suggestions list.
6. Highlight Get button to download ESPN on tvOS.
7. On the prompt, click on Buy to confirm downloading ESPN.
8. Wait for the app to complete its downloading process based on the internet speed.
9. You shall launch it to start using ESPN app.
Alternative Ways – Screen Cast from iOS or Mac
Since ESPN is available for iOS as a dedicated app, you can cast it to tvOS with the help of AirPlay. Just like that, those using ESPN on Mac can also cast ESPN to Apple TV.
Cast from iPhone or iPad
Important: It is assumed that you have ESPN app already installed on iOS 12 or later and you have a user account.
1. Firstly, you need to connect your Apple TV to the WiFi connection as that of iPhone or iPad.
2. Go to the Apps section and open ESPN app on iOS.
3. Select a video that you want to cast to tvOS.
4. Now, swipe up from bottom or pull down from the top to open Control Center.
5. Tap on AirPlay icon named as Screen Mirror.
6. Choose the Apple TV name from the available device.
7. When connection gets established, you will find ESPN video on Apple TV.
1. Launch Safari web browser on your Mac PC.
2. Go to the official website of ESPN (https://www.espn.com) using the address bar.
3. Click on the Log In button and enter the necessary details to sign into your ESPN account.
Note: If you don’t have an account, then click Sign Up to create an account.
4. Choose a video to stream on your Mac.
5. Now, go to the menu bar of your macOS to click on AirPlay icon.
6. Select the tvOS name and with this the video you have selected will be mirrored on to your Mac.
Related: How to Install and Activate ESPN on Roku
Frequently Asked Questions
Is ESPN accessible from other streaming services?
- Yes. ESPN is available on a wide range of live TV streaming services. If you don’t want to install ESPN separately, then you shall stream it from any such services.
What are the streaming apps that supports ESPN channel?
- You will find ESPN on Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, AT&T TV, etc. If you have any of the channels, then you can watch ESPN on Apple TV.
On what devices can I stream ESPN?
- ESPN is compatible with a wide range of devices including Android, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Android TV, Roku, Chromecast, Firestick, PlayStation, etc.
What is ESPN+?
- ESPN+ is a subscription based streaming service that you can get it from within ESPN app. It is available as an in-app purchase at $4.99/month.