HBO GO was a TV everywhere app that can be accessed with your cable TV provider without any additional subscription. The HBO GO support page mentioned that the HBO GO app is no longer in service. So, HBO GO is unavailable for Firestick as it has been removed from the Amazon App Store. HBO Max is the successor of HBO GO, and you can use it to search and stream HBO GO titles. In addition to this, you can also stream TV series, movies, Max Originals, etc. Get into this article to find the possible ways to stream HBO GO on Firestick Via HBO Max.
Why is HBO GO Not Working on Firestick
HBO GO is no longer working on Firestick or any other device as the company has seized its operation in July 2020. Even if you have an outdated version of the app, you will no longer receive any new updates. So, you can uninstall the app on Firestick to free up the space. However, you will find all of the HBO GO content on the HBO Max streaming service.
How to Install HBO GO (HBO Max) on Firestick
As mentioned, HBO GO is no longer available on Firestick as it was discontinued. However, its contents are available on the HBO Max, which is officially available on the Amazon App Store, and the installation will not take much time.
(1) With the Fire TV connected to WIFI, highlight the Find tab on the Firestick menu bar on the Home screen.
(2) Select the Search tile using the remote controller.
(3) You should type as HBO Max with the virtual keys. Then, select the same when suggestions appear.
(4) Choose the HBO Max tile under the Apps & Games section.
(5) Select Get on the channel info page that appears.
(6) Choose Open to launch the HBO Max app on your Fire TV.
(7) You should provide the HBO GO login details.
(8) Now, search for HBO GO titles to watch it on your Firestick.
Alternative Way: How to Watch HBO GO on Amazon Fire Stick Via HBO Max
If you can’t get HBO Max on Fire TV from Amazon App Store, you shall sideload it using the Downloader app to stream HBO GO on Firestick.
Enable Unknown Sources
Whenever you use third-party apps like Downloader, you need to turn on Apps from Unknown Sources to allow third-party installers to install apps on Firestick.
(1) Go to Settings on your Firestick.
(2) Choose the My Fire TV option, next to the Preferences option.
(3) Tap on the Developer Options from the list of options displayed.
(4) Select the Install Unknown Apps option.
(5) Select Downloader, and click the Turn On option.
Install HBO Max on Firestick Using Downloader
(1) Open the Downloader app. If you don’t have the Downloader app, use our guide to install Downloader for Firestick with step-by-step guidelines.
(2) Go to the Search bar and type the HBO Max apk download link https://bit.ly/2EvGQAn. Then, click the GO button.
(3) The HBO Go apk file on Firestick will start to download.
(4) Tap on the Install button to install the HBO Max on Firestick.
(5) When the app is installed, click on the Open button to launch the HBO Max app.
6) You can stream HBO Go titles on your Amazon Fire Stick 4k by searching for it.
How to Cast HBO Max to Firestick & Stream HBO GO
If you don’t want to use the Downloader app, you can use this method. HBO Max app is equipped with Cast support. You can cast any movies or series from the HBO Max app to Firestick with any smartphone.
(2) Sign up with your HBO account or your TV provider account.
(3) Connect your smartphone to the same WiFi network as your Firestick.
(4) On your Firestick, press and hold the Home button to access the Quick Menu.
(5) Choose the Mirroring option.
(6) Now, the Display Mirroring screen will appear.
(7) Open the HBO Max app on your smartphone and tap on the Cast icon.
(8) Select your Firestick device from the available devices. Tap on it to cast the app.
(9) After the casting is successful, play any movie or TV show. It will appear on your Firestick.
Install the HBO Max on Firestick and get to stream all the HBO contents with your cable TV provider. Use the Mirroring feature on your Firestick to cast the HBO Max app from your smartphone.
Now that you know how to download HBO Go on Amazon Fire Stick. Upon installing, you shall start streaming your favorite titles from HBO from Fire TV Stick 4K or any other model. In addition, you shall stream HBO Max on Apple TV, HBO Max on Roku, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you can’t. The app is removed from the Amazon App Store and is no longer in service.
No. HBO GO requires a cable TV subscription to access the video content.
HBO Max will be free if you are already a customer of the HBO cable TV channel.
Since HBO GO is no longer working on Firestick, you cannot update it.
Yes. You can install HBO GO on Apple TV as it is officially available on the App Store.
You may not find HBO GO on Fire TV as it is discontinued.
It is free if you have an HBO cable TV subscription.
Yes. It is officially available for the Fire TV Stick.
Yes. It is possible if you have HBO GO operator partners in the Philippines.
Yes. You can access the apk file via Downloader on Firestick. However, the apk will not bring in any newly updated titles.