Hotstar is one of the top streaming services that will let users stream the various Indian live TV channels, TV shows, and movies. It features TV shows and movies in 8 different languages like Tamil, Hindi, Telugu. Marathi, Bengali, Punjabi, Kannada, and Malayalam. It also features various live cricket matches. The service is available in India, the USA, Singapore, and Canada. Hotstar premium subscription costs $49.99/month. Let us see how to stream Hotstar on Roku.
Hostar is officially available on the Roku Channel Store. You can install the Hotstar app and stream the contents. Hotstar also features various free content too.
How to Install Hotstar on Roku
(1) Connect your Roku streaming device to your TV.
(2) From the Roku home screen, navigate to the Roku Channel Store by clicking on the Streaming Channels option.
(3) On the Roku Channel Store, choose the Search Channels option.
(4) Type Hotstar on the provided search field.
(5) Now, select the Hotstar app from the search results.
(6) Click on the Add Channel button to install the Hotstar app.
(7) Then, tap on the Go to Channel button to launch the Hotstar app on your Roku device.
(8) Now, click on the My Account option.
(9) An activation code will appear on the screen.
(10) Go to the Hotstar activation website and log in with your account.
(11) Enter the Hotstar activation code and click Continue.
(12) On successful verification, the channel on your TV will refresh and start loading the contents.
(13) Stream your favorite live TV on your Roku.
Hotstar Not Working on Roku
Sometimes, the Hotstar app may not be working on your streaming device. This can be fixed with the following troubleshooting techniques.
- Make sure that the Hotstar app is up-to-date. If not, update the app.
- Ensure that the Roku firmware is updated. Check our guide on how to check and update Roku firmware to its latest version.
- Restart your Roku device to fix minor issues.
- Make sure that the device has got enough space if not clear the caches.
- If none of the above methods helps, Reset your Roku streaming device to its factory defaults.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Hotstar available on Roku?
Yes, you can install the Hotstar on Roku from the Roku Channel Store.
2. Does Roku have Disney + Hotstar?
Hotstar recently joined hands with Disney +. You can access the Disney + contents with the Disney + Hotstar app available only in India.