Roku, with the Apple-like ecosystem, you will get everything you need from the device. You can install the app and add channels from the Roku Channel Store. The Roku OS is one of the toughest to break, and till now, you can’t install any unauthorized apps on your Roku device. Siting to all the unauthorized limitations, Roku is one of the safest streaming devices. Unlike other devices, Roku offers three different ways to add channels.
Ways to Add Channels to Roku
- From Roku Channel Store
- From the Roku App
- Using Web Browser
Procedure to Add Channels on Roku: Using Roku Channel Store
Like Fire TV Stick, Roku is integrated with the Roku Channel Store to install apps.
(1) Tap the Home button to get the Home screen.
(2) Click the Streaming Channels option.
(3) Now, you get the Roku Channel Store. The first option will be Featured channels. And different categories will appear.
(4) Choose the category you desire or click the Search Channels option to search for a specific channel.
(5) After choosing the channel, click the Add channel button.
(6) When the channel is added and installed, you will get the confirmation screen. Click OK on the pop-up.
Procedure to Add Channels on Roku: Using the Roku App
(1) Open the Roku app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
(2) Follow the on-screen instruction to pair your smartphone with Roku.
(3) After the pairing, tap on the Channels button on the bottom of the screen.
(4) Like the Roku Channel Store, you will get different categories.
(5) Pick your preferred category or use the Search Bar on the top to search for a specific channel.
(6) Click the Add Channel button on the next screen.
(7) The channel will be installed on your Roku.
Procedure to Add Channels on Roku: Using Web Browser
(1) On your PC, go to the Roku Channel Store website and sign in with the same account that you are using on your Roku.
(2) You will get the list of the channels.
(3) Click the Add Channel button that you want to install.
(4) The channel will be added to your Roku.
The channels added using the app and web browser will be updated on your Roku after 24 hours. For immediate updates, you need to update the Roku software.
These are the three different ways that you can add a channel to your Roku streaming devices. Out of three, we recommend you to add channels with the first method as it is easy and straight forward. The other two methods involve the extra task of updating your Roku. If you have doubts, drop a comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I add private channels to my Roku?
To add private channels, you need to follow different steps. Check our guide on how to add private channels on Roku.
2. Does it cost to add channels on Roku?
No, you can install and add channels for free. You need to buy the subscription to access the contents inside the app.