Instagram is one of the most used social media tools across the world. You can upload photos, videos, go live, add stories, make reels, and do much more on Instagram. Instagram allows you to follow your friends and your friends can follow you as well. You can also watch IGTV videos that are more than 30 seconds. You can install Instagram on your Smartphones and watch it on your desktop as well. Unlike Facebook Watch, Instagram is not available for smart TVs. But you can use Chromecast to screen mirror Instagram to your TV.
How to Chromecast Instagram Videos to your TV?
Facebook allows you to cast Videos to Chromecast but Instagram is not compatible with Chromecast. Hence, you have to screen mirror the content to your TV. Here are the different ways to cast Instagram to Smart TV:
- Using Smartphone (Android/iPhone)
- Using PC
Chromecast Instagram Using Smartphone
Android allows you to screen mirror using the Google Home app but you need to install screen mirroring apps for iPhone. You can also use the cast option from Settings on Android to cast as well.
Using Google Home on Android
1. Connect your Chromecast device and Android phone to the same wireless connectivity.
2. Open the Google Home app on your phone.
3. When both the devices are connected to the same WiFi network, you will find the device name appearing. Click on the device name.
4. The device info page will open. Tap on Cast My screen from the bottom of the screen.
5. A pop-up will appear. Click on the Cast Screen option in the pop-up followed by Start Now option.
Your phone screen will appear on your TV. You can now open the Instagram app and start streaming any videos to watch it on the TV.
Using Settings Option on Android
1. Connect both the devices to the Same WiFi.
2. Open the Settings and then tap on the Connected Devices option.
3. Select Connection preferences and choose the Cast option.
4. If the device name doesn’t appear, tap on the three-dotted menu and check the box near “Enable Wireless Display“.
5. Click on the Chromecast device name and click “Cast Screen” on the pop-up.
Your phone screen will now appear on the TV. Open the Instagram app and start an IGTV video to watch it on the TV.
You can’t screen mirror your iPhone using the Google Home app. But there are a few apps that support iPhone screen mirroring.
1. Download and install the Replica app on your iPhone. Replica app is available in the App Store. You can also install Streamer for Chromecast app as well.
2. Check whether your iPhone and Chromecast are connected to the Same WiFi.
3. Open the Replica app and select the Chromecast device.
4. Click on the Start button followed by Start Now button to mirror your iPhone.
Now open the Instagram app and start streaming any videos or IGTV videos to watch on the TV.
Chrome browser is the way to Chromecast Instagram to a TV from your Mac or Windows PC.
1. Connect your desktop or laptop to the same WiFi network as that of your Chromecast.
2. Open the Google Chrome browser.
3. Open the Instagram Website on your Google Chrome and log in to your account.
4. Right-click on the screen or click on the three-dotted menu on the top-right corner of the screen and choose the cast option.
5. Your device will look for available devices and displays them.
6. On the Sources tab, choose the Cast tab option.
7. Now click on the device name to cast your particular tab.
The Instagram tab will appear on the TV. You can scroll through the feed, watch videos and photos on the TV using your PC.
Related: Instagram on Firestick
The above are the different ways to Chromecast Instagram. Instagram is a product of Facebook and if they launch the cast option like Facebook Watch, then you can easily cast IGTV videos but we have to wait for it. Comment your queries in the below section.