Android & iOS: Open Stremio → Log in → Select a video → Tap Cast icon → Click your Chromecast.
PC: Install Stremio → Open Google Chrome → Tap the three-dotted icon → Cast → Select Chromecast → Sources → Cast tab → Launch Stremio.
Stremio is one of the latest media streaming centers in the market right. Stremio lets you watch movies, series, shows, web, and TV channels. In addition, it allows users to listen to podcasts. With a user-friendly interface and an extensive library of interesting content, Stremio is a go-to destination for everyone looking forward to streaming videos for entertainment. Stremio is available on most media streaming devices as well as platforms. With that, you can cast the Stremio app on your Chromecast with any of the supported devices.
How to Chromecast Stremio
If you have a Chromecast built-in TV or you want to plug in and set up your Chromecast, you can cast Stremio in two ways.
- Using Smartphone
- Using PC
How to Chromecast Stremio using Smartphone
1. Make sure the Chromecast device and your Android smartphone are connected to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the Stremio app on your smartphone.
- If you don’t already have it, get the Stremio app from the Play Store.
3. Login with your Stremio account.
4. Select the video you want to Chromecast and click on the Cast icon.
6. Select the Google Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
7. Once the connection is established, Stremio will cast on your TV.
Note: You can even download the Stremio apk to use on Chromecast from its official download page.
How to Chromecast Stremio Using PC
1. Download the latest version of the Stremio app from the website.
2. Install the downloaded extension file on your PC.
3. Click Allow access in the Windows Defender alert box to allow Stremio internet access.
4. You can either sign up for a new account or login if you already have a Stremio account.
5. Now, launch the Chrome browser on your computer and click on the three-dotted menu icon on the top right corner.
6. Click the Cast option in the menu
7. Further, click the drop-down icon next to the Sources menu and select the Cast Desktop.
8. Select the Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
9. Once the connection is established, open the Stremio app and play the content you want to cast to TV.
Features of Stremio
Stremio is unlike other media centers, as you will find the interesting features below.
- It supports playing magnetic links, HTTP links, and torrent files.
- Users can browse for titles under genres, categories, ratings, etc.
- It lets you continue watching those unfinished movies or videos from where you left off.
- You will get recommendations based on your viewing history.
- You can organize your video library by type, alphabetical order, or recency with one click.
- It supports calendar visualization, and you will never miss the upcoming movies or series on Stremio.
- Despite being open-source software, Stremio is completely safe to use
Stremio Chromecast Not Working: Fixes
When the Stremio app was launched for smartphones, it didn’t have Cast support. In February 2017, the Stremio app was updated with Cast support. If you don’t see the Cast icon, update the Stremio app from the Play Store or App Store.
As of this writing, there is no Cast support available for the Stremio iOS app. If you use an iPhone or iPad, you must wait a bit longer to get the Cast support. If you are casting from a PC, ensure that your Chrome browser is updated to the latest version.
Another main issue while casting the Stremio app to your Chromecast is the subtitles. While casting, the subtitles may not appear on your TV. This may be due to the embedded subtitles. When you import subtitles using a third-party addon, it will work fine. As of now, the embedded subtitles are not working.
After many complaints from the user, the Stremio app released a new update to resolve the Stremio Chromecast subtitles issue. With the new update, all the subtitles will work without any issues. Further, you will find the Continue Watching and Library items on the Home Screen channel.
How to Fix Stremio Chromecast Black Screen Issue
If you get a black screen issue while using Stremio on your Chromecast TV, you shall try the below fixes one by one.
- Force close the app on your phone. It will fix any temporary glitches. Launch the app and check if you can use Stremio.
- Using stable internet or WIFI on your phone or PC is important.
- You can hard reboot your Android phone and check if the issue is resolved.
- Try to update the Stremio app on your phone with the latest version.
- When the problem persists, you shall uninstall and reinstall the app.
That was all about using casting Stremio from phone or PC to TV. Although it is a multi-platform application, it isn’t on Amazon App Store. So, you shall learn to sideload Stremio on Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can cast the Stremio app from Android smartphones, and it will work with all generations of Chromecast.
Yes, you can install Stremio on Google TV from the Play Store.
You shall restart the app on your phone and check if the issue is fixed. If not, you shall uninstall and reinstall the app. The same fixes will resolve Stremio Chromecast no video issue.
Yes. With the latest version of Stremio, you will get subtitle support.