- Xbox Series X or S: Press the Xbox button >> Go to Profile and System >> Settings >> General >> Sleep mode & startup >> Energy Saver or Standby.
- Xbox One: Press the Xbox button >> Settings gear icon >> All Settings >> Power & startup >> Power mode >> Energy saving or Instant-on.
Xbox is a popular online video gaming console. Sometimes gamers play the games restlessly. In that scenario, you can put your Xbox console in the rest mode to update all your applications automatically. Putting your console in rest mode will consume more energy and power. If you don’t want to turn off the Xbox, you shall put it on rest mode. Moreover, it cools down the console after a long time of usage, it needs around 6-7 hours.
How to Put Xbox in Rest Mode
Follow the steps to put your Xbox in Rest mode. You can do this on your Xbox consoles like Xbox Series S or X and Xbox One.
Xbox Series X or S
. Turn on your Xbox and press the Xbox button on your controller.
. Go to Profile and System or tap on your profile icon at the top right corner of the screen.
. Select Settings from the drop-down menu list.
. Under the Settings section, select General on the left sidebar.
. Select Sleep mode & startup option.
. Now, click on the Sleep Mode drop-down and select any of the following.
- Energy Saver: It turns off the console quickly, and all the operations are ended quickly.
- Standby: It will continue to download the games or update the console even after your turn off Xbox.
You can set the option to turn off your Xbox console if it is inactive for a long to save power. To do that, follow the steps below.
. Go to Settings >> General >> Sleep mode and Startup.
. Under Options, tap on Turn off after drop-down.
. Choose the time range you want to shut down your Xbox console.
. Or you can select the Full Shutdown option to turn it off immediately.
. On the next screen, tap the Shut down button at the bottom to confirm the action.
. Press the Xbox button on your controller.
. On the left sidebar, click on the Settings gear icon and select All Settings.
. Under the Settings tab, tap on the Power & startup option.
. Choose the Power mode drop-down button.
. You can select either,
- Energy saving: It will take 40 seconds to turn on your console.
- Instant-on: It will power on your Xbox One quickly within 5 seconds.
Thus, following the procedure above in this article will be helpful to put your Xbox console in Rest mode. You will still appear offline on Xbox when the console is in rest mode.
Frequently Asked Questions:
To consume more power and energy, and to update the apps and games even when your console is in sleep mode.
Absolutely yes, it is possible to put your Xbox in rest mode while downloading.