Amazon Firestick is one of the top-selling streaming devices. It converts your TV into a Smart TV. You can install various applications on your Firestick and start streaming your favorites. Like all other smart devices, Firestick might respond slow or gets hung due to any reason. During such scenarios, it is better to restart your Firestick to fix these glitches. Restarting is a universal solution and you can easily restart your Amazon Firestick with the below methods:
How to Restart an Amazon Firestick?
You can restart your Amazon Firestick using three different ways.
- Using the Settings option
- Using Remote
- Force Restart
By restarting, you can fix minor glitches and use your Firestick more effectively.
Method 1: Restart using Settings Option
If your Firestick is responding, then this method will be the best choice. You can easily restart your Firestick using the Settings option.
1) Press the home button on your remote and navigate to the Firestick home screen.
2) On top of the home screen, you can find the “Settings” option. Navigate to Settings.
3) Then choose My Fire TV or My device.
4) On the next screen scroll down and choose Restart option.
5) You will get a prompt to confirm the selection. Click on restart again.
6) You will get an on-screen notification saying “Your Fire TV or Fire TV stick is Powering Off“.
Once the process completes then the Fire TV stick will turn on immediately.
Method 2: Restart using Remote
This is yet another easiest method to restart your Amazon Firestick when your device responds to the remote.
1) Point your remote towards the device.
2) Then press and hold the Play or Pause button along with the Select button.
3) Hold them for about 5-10 seconds.
4) Now your Firestick will start to reboot without any prompt or on-screen notifications.
Method 3: Hard Restart an Amazon Firestick
This is the last method in restarting Amazon Firestick. This method is suitable when your device is not responding. This is the only solution to restart a frozen Fire TV Stick.
1) Unplug the device from the power source.
2) Leave it unplugged for around 30 seconds to 1 minute.
3) Plug it back to the power source.
This method is called as hard restart. If your device is not responding, then this method will best suit you.
Most of the devices will work properly after restarting. If your Firestick is still facing issues, you have to reset your Firestick to factory settings to fix the issues. If you have any queries, ask us in the comment section.