- Remove the battery from the Xbox One controller to turn Off the device.
- Via Xbox One: Press the Xbox Logo button → Go to Turn Off Controller → Press A button.
- Via Xbox button: Press and hold the Xbox button for 6 seconds until the device turns Off.
As the name implies, the Xbox controller is a gaming controller specially designed for Xbox consoles. In addition, you can connect the Xbox Controller to your Smart TV, Windows PC, and Mac. Users often forget to turn off the Xbox One Controller when not in use. This leads due to fast battery drain, and you will not have enough battery level when you are playing games.
To overcome this problem, regularly turn Off the controller after playing the games. Turning Off the controller is one of the best troubleshooting techniques to resolve any issues on the device. There are three ways to turn Off the Controller, and all three methods are discussed below.
How to Turn Off Xbox One Controllers by removing the Batteries
1. Remove the battery cover on the backside of the controller.
2. Pull out any one of the batteries.
3. It will turn Off your controller.
4. To turn it ON, insert the battery and close the cover. If you turn On your controller, it will automatically reconnect to the last functional Bluetooth connection.
How to Turn Off Xbox One Controllers Via Xbox One
You can follow the steps given below to turn off both the wired and wireless Xbox One controllers.
1. Tap and hold the Xbox logo button (Power button) for a second.
2. Navigate to the option Turn off Controller using the analog stick.
3. Press the A button on the controller to select the option.
4. That’s it. You have successfully powered off your controller.
How to Turn Off Xbox One Controllers Via Power Button
This is the quickest, simplest, and most straightforward method to turn off your controller. The following steps are used to turn off the Xbox One Series S or X and Xbox 360 controllers.
1. Long press the Power button (X) for about 6-7 seconds.
2. Release the button after the light turns off.
Note: When you hold the Power button for 15 seconds, it will hard-reboot your controller.
These are the possible ways to turn off your controller. In addition to the above methods, you can automatically turn Off the Controller by leaving it idle for 5 to 10 minutes. You can turn On your controller whenever you want to use it. Like the Xbox controller, you can also turn off the PS4 controller.
Frequently Asked Questions
Press the Power button for 6 seconds, and your controller will power off automatically.
Yes, it is possible to shut down your controller on the PC.
To update your Xbox One Controller, press the Xbox logo button → Devices & Connections → Accessories → Select the Controller → Click the three-dots icon → Select Firmware version → Tap Update Now.