Android is the most user-friendly OS to use on smartphones and smart TV. Compared to Android’s built-in smart TV, Android boxes are a much more affordable option to consider. MXQ Pro 4K is one such Android Box that has been around for years. The smart streaming media player runs on an Amlogic s905 CPU with Quad-core ARM. Like any other Android device, MXQ Pro gets firmware updates once in a while. So, it is essential to check if there is any update for MXQ Box. Above all, you need to update MXQ Pro firmware for better performance. Since MXQ Pro is based on Amlogic, the section below guides you on how to update MXQ Box using Amlogic USB Burning, a firmware updating tool.
Benefits of MXQ Pro 4K Firmware Update
- With the latest version, you will get access to the new features.
- The new update might improve your MXQ Pro 4K 5G performance.
- The software stability improves, and the outdated features will be removed.
- You might get an improved user experience with the latest MXQ 4k Pro firmware update.
How to Update MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box with USB Burning Tool
Updating the device is simple as you download the apps on MXQ Pro 4K. Follow the below-given steps if you want to get done with the MXQ Pro 4K Android TV Box firmware update.
Things you Need
- Windows PC
- USB to USB cable
- Amlogic USB Burning Tool installed on PC
- Pin or toothpick to press the reset button
Steps to Update MXQ Pro 4K Firmware
(1) Open the browser of your choice on your Windows PC.
(2) Visit https://bit.ly/2UzImFF and download the latest version of MXQ Pro software.
(3) Connect one end of the USB to USB cable to the Windows PC and the other end to the MXQ Pro.
(4) Use the pin or toothpick to press and hold the reset button of MXQ Pro located inside the AV port.
- You should continue holding the reset button for about 10 seconds.
(5) Now, click on the Amlogic USB Burning Tool on your PC from the download location.
(6) On the setup wizard, you shall need to select Next in all the windows.
(7) The USB Burning tool will open up on your PC.
- If you see a different language, then click on the second (View) option in the menu bar to select English.
(8) The following window will appear if the Android TV Box MXQ Pro 4K box is correctly connected to the PC.
(9) Hover to click on the File menu to select the Import image option.
(10) Navigate to the right side and un-check the Overwrite Key checkbox under Configuration.
(11) Then press the Start button resides just above to start the updating process.
- You will find the downloading progress under Status.
(12) Wait until the firmware updation process to complete. Once done, click on the Stop button.
With the above steps, you have successfully done with MXQ Pro 4K firmware update via USB drive. It is recommended to check for the MXQ Pro 4K latest firmware update and do it regularly to never miss out on the new features. If you want to tweak the device settings to the fullest, then you shall jailbreak MXQ Pro 4K Box.
Frequently Asked Questions
If there is an issue with the firmware, then MXQ Pro will bring in such an issue. In order to resolve this, you need to download ROM firmware to flash the device.
Make sure your internet connection is stable and is more than 20mbps. Check if the box is functioning properly. If the issue persists, then restart MXQ Pro.
Yes. You will get the Kodi version 16.0 installed on the MXQ Pro+ Android TV box.