IFC has some amazing titles, including Documentary Now!, Sherman’s Showcase, British Co-Production, Brockmire, etc. Most of the shows streaming on the IFC channel are of comedy and horror-based genres. IFC is an American-based TV channel from the AMC Networks. With IFC, you can enjoy comedy movies, TV shows, documentaries. The IFC has got its own TV Everywhere app so that you can start streaming live and on-demand content with a participating pay-tv Service provider. Moreover, you can find cult-classic shows, hand-picked fan-favorite shows, etc. Let us see how to stream the IFC channel on Google TV.
The channel’s TV Everywhere app is available on the Google TV Play Store. So you can start streaming by installing the app on your streaming device. The channel is available on multiple platforms like Roku, Firestick, Apple TV, etc. You can also Chromecast IFC to the Google-TV-connected TV. If you cannot download the app, you can sideload the APK to the Google TV streaming device.
How to Add IFC On Google TV
(1) Set up your Chromecast with Google TV streaming device with your TV.
(2) Start the device and connect it to the WiFi network.
(3) Now, click on the Apps section on the home screen.
(4) Select the Search option.
(5) On the search screen, type IFC.
(6) Select the app from the search results.
(7) Now, click on the Install button on the app info screen.
(8) Wait for the IFC app to download and install on your Google TV-connected TV.
Alternative Way: Sideload IFC On Google TV
(1) Launch your Chromecast with Google TV and navigate to the home screen.
(2) Click on the Search option. Search for the Downloader app and install it.
(3) Now, click on the Profile icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
(4) Choose Settings
(5) Click on the System and choose About.
(6) Click continuously on the Android TV OS Build until you see the “You are now a developer“ notification.
(7) Then, go to Settings > Apps > Unknown Sources.
(8) Enable the toggle near the Downloader app.
(9) Launch the Downloader app and click on the URL field.
(10) Enter the APK URL of the IFC TV app.
(11) Click Go and wait until the app gets downloaded.
(12) Once the app is downloaded, click Install.
(3) Wait until the installation of IFC to get done.
(14) Now open the IFC app on your Google TV.
How to Activate IFC On Google TV
(1) Choose to sign in to your account with pay-TV service provider credentials.
(2) Visit the IFC channel activation site from your phone or computer web browser.
(3) Make a note of the IFC activation code displayed on your TV screen.
(4) Enter the code in the provided text field.
(5) Click Submit and sign in with your pay-TV service provider credentials.
(6) Wait for the app to load contents.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does IFC stand for?
The IFC channel is an American-based live TV channel that stands for Independent Film Channel.
2. Where can I stream the IFC channel without cable?
IFC channel is available without a cable or satellite TV subscription with Philo, Sling TV, Fubo TV, YouTube TV, DIRECTV Stream.
3. Is the IFC channel free?
The IFC channel is not completely free. The channel is available on all platforms for free to download. But to stream the channel live and on-demand, you will need a pay-TV service provider subscription.