Roku is a highly secured media player for streaming. Hence, you cannot expect it or make it function out-of-box. While it has plenty of official channels, a few Roku streaming fans look forward to use IPTV. The greatest advantage of IPTV is you can stream content over video and not through cable. With the IPTV subscription, users can stream movies, TV shows, on-demand content, and lots more. For all these reasons and more advantages, you shall need to know how to install IPTV on Roku.
Procedure to Install IPTV on Roku
To install IPTV on any of the Roku streaming devices like Roku Stick, Roku TV, etc., you shall follow any of the procedures listed below.
Method 1 – Install IPTV on Roku using M3U Playlist Player
If your Roku device has M3U Playlist Player already added, then installing IPTV is much simpler. Otherwise, skip to the next method.
(1) Turn on your Roku TV or connect the Roku player into the smart TV and turn it On.
(2) On the Roku remote, press the Home button to scroll and select M3U Playlist Player.
(3) When M3U Playlist Player launches, select the Go to Channels option.
(4) Navigate to select New Playlist.
(5) Then, enter the M3U URL and the playlist name as given by the IPTV provider.
(6) Select the Save button and allow the IPTV channels to load up on the Roku device.
(7) You shall go to Roku Settings to restart the device. Then open the IPTV app.
(8) Select the playlist name that you have previously added to find all the IPTV channels.
(9) Click on any channels to start streaming it on your Roku device.
Method 2 – Install IPTV on Roku using Screen Mirroring
If you have an IPTV with cast support, then you can screen mirror it to the Roku device.
(1) Navigate to Roku Settings to select the System option.
(2) Choose Screen Mirroring.
(3) Click on the Screen Mirroring mode to choose between Prompt or Always allow.
(1) Connect your smartphone and Roku to the same WiFi.
(2) Launch Google Play Store and search for the Smart IPTV app.
(3) Select it from the suggestions and click on the Install button to download it.
(4) After the installation, hit the Open button to launch the IPTV app.
(5) Provide the IPTV login details and sign in to your account.
(6) Navigate to Android Settings to select the Connection & Sharing option.
(7) On the following screen, select the Cast option.
(8) Allow Android device to scan for the available devices. You shall need to select Roku TV.
(9) Now, launch the Smart IPTV app on your Android, and it gets screen mirrored to Roku TV.
Note: Roku users who have set Prompt under the Screen Mirroring Mode should click on Allow when a prompt appears. This will cast content from Android.
Related: How to Add and Stream IPTV on Apple TV
You can choose to install IPTV on Roku using either of the methods respectively. In the event of facing any issues or got any queries, leave a comment below.