Internet Protocol Television or IPTV is more popular amongst those entertainment freaks. It is unlike traditional TV watching as it uses an internet connection. IPTV services are accessible on most smart devices, and Xbox is not an exception. Besides playing games, Xbox users can make use of this gaming console to stream IPTV channels. Hence, you can watch movies, on-demand content, live and non-live streams on the console itself. To know about using IPTV on Xbox consoles, you shall read the section below.
How to Watch IPTV on Xbox
There are multiple ways to stream IPTV on the Xbox One or Xbox 360 gaming consoles. The section below covers the procedure to watch IPTV content using two different media players.
How to Install IPTV on Xbox 360/One using Kodi Media Player
Kodi Media Player is the most popular option among media players. It supports accessing IPTV channels from the Xbox consoles.
(1) On your Xbox console, navigate to the Store menu and select it.
(2) Click on the Search box and type in as Kodi.
(3) Choose Kodi when the search result appears.
(4) Tap on the Get button to start downloading Kodi on the Xbox gaming console.
(5) Once after the installation, click Open to launch the media player.
(6) When on the Kodi home screen, select the TV menu available on the left pane.
(7) When a pop-up appears, click on OK to proceed.
(8) Choose Enter add-on browser button to select PVR IPTV Simple Client.
(9) Hover to click on the Install button to start downloading the Kodi PVR addon.
(10) Once the download is complete, right-click the addon to select the Information option.
(11) To open the Settings page, select Configure button.
(12) Further, click on General to select the M3U playlist URL.
(13) Provide the M3U URL as provided by the IPTV provider and press OK. Similarly, select EPG Settings to provide the EPG source URL.
(14) When prompted, choose to restart Kodi. Wait for the channels list to appear probably after the Channels loaded message.
(15) Select the TV channel you want to access and start streaming on your Xbox.
How to Stream IPTV on Xbox using MyIPTV Player
Xbox users can make use of MyIPTV Player to stream IPTV channels. Here are the guidelines.
(1) On your Xbox console, select the Apps option.
(2) Search for MyIPTV Player using the screen keys.
(3) To download it, select the Install or Get button on your gaming console.
(4) Launch the app and go to its Settings.
(5) Choose Add new playlist and EPG source.
(6) Hover to the Remote channels section and click on the text field to enter the playlist name.
(7) Type in the M3U URL as your IPTV provider has given. Click on Add remote list.
(8) Now, navigate to the Program guide (EPG) to enter the username and source URL on the respective fields. Select Add EPG Source button.
(9) To configure the M3U playlist and EPG Source, get back to Settings and click the drop-down next to Select Playlist under Select channel playlist.
(10) Just refresh the EPG source and go to Select EPG source to choose your source. Press the Refresh button.
(11) Scroll down to Channel and EPG Settings to turn on both options. (Refresh remote channel list on app launch and Download EPG when data available on the current date)
(12) Navigate back to the Home screen of MyIPTV Player to get into the Channels section to choose an IPTV channel to stream on Xbox.
Related: How to Add and Stream IPTV on Apple TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can watch IPTV on Xbox Series X gaming consoles in addition to playing games.
Yes. You can add IPTV channel on your Xbox One S console using any of the media players.
Yes. You can stream different TV channels on Xbox gaming consoles.