Kodi is the best free streaming app for smartphones and smart TV. It is one of the most used apps in smartphones and streaming devices. The ability to install add-ons and to stream video content is the best selling point in Kodi. In Kodi, you can download and install add-ons from the built-in repository or from the third-party source. With the add-on, you can get to watch most of the latest movies and on-demand content for free. Noting the importance of Kodi, MXQ Pro 4K TV has the pre-installed Kodi app.
In all the MXQ streaming devices, Kodi is a pre-installed one. Even if the app is missing, you can install the app easily. MXQ device runs on Android OS (Android 5.1). In the device, you will get the Play Store app just like your Android smartphones. You can use the Play Store to install the Kodi app on your MXQ Pro 4K TV.
Related: How to Add Apps on MXQ Pro?
How to Install Kodi on MXQ Pro?
The Kodi app in the Play Store has certain limitations. If you have limitations in the pre-installed Kodi app, uninstall the app. Settings –> Device –> Apps –> Kodi –> Uninstall.
(1) Open the web browser on your MXQ Pro 4K TV and go to the Kodi website.
(2) On the Kodi webpage, click the Download button on the top right corner.
(3) Scroll down on the Downloads page and click the Android tab.
(4) Choose the version as ARMV7A (64BIT).
Note: The latest version of Kodi is Kodi 18.8 Leia
(5) The apk file will be downloaded.
(6) After that, go to the home screen and open the Local folder.
(7) In the Local screen, select the Favorites tab.
(8) Open the Downloads folder and double click the Kodi apk file.
(9) In the installation screen, click the Install button.
(10) Wait for the download to complete.
(11) When it is completed, click the Open button to run the Kodi app.
How to Install Kodi Add-on on MXQ Pro 4K TV
(1) Open the Kodi app and go to the Settings icon.
(2) The Settings screen will open. Select the System Settings option.
(3) Scroll down to Add-ons option.
(4) Turn on the Unknown sources toggle.
(5) Then, open the File Manager option.
(6) Select the Add source option.
(7) Enter the downloadable repository link and click the OK button.
(8) Then, go to the Add-ons option from the Settings menu.
(9) Choose the option, Install from zip file.
(10) Select the zip file that corresponds to your add-on.
(11) After the repository is installed, click the Install from repository option.
(12) Choose the repository file and you can find the add-on that you want to install.
(13) Click the Install button to install the add-on.
(14) After the add-on is installed, it will be listed on the Add-ons tab.
Install the latest version of the Kodi app on your MXQ Pro 4K from the Kodi website and get to watch live TV content for free. Download live TV add-ons from the Kodi repository to stream live news and sports matches. If you have any difficulties in the above steps, tell us in the comments section. We will provide you a solution.
Related: How to Update MXQ Pro?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I install Kodi on MXQ Pro 4K?
You can use the steps mentioned above to get the full fletched version of Kodi.
2. How do I add apps to MXQ Pro 4K?
You can use the Play Store to install and add apps on your MXQ Pro 4K.
3. How do I watch live TV on MXQ Pro 4K?
You can use the Kodi app on your device to watch live TV contents.