With Apple TV, you can stream all your favorite TV shows, movies, and more. Most of the applications available in the Android Play Store are available in Apple App Store. MTV is one of them. Lots of us prefer streaming MTV2 on Apple TV. But there is no separate application to access the MTV2 channel. So, you should download the MTV application from the App Store on your tvOS to get access MTV2 and other networks. MTV2 is an American cable channel that primarily focuses on music videos. You only need a Cable Subscription account and a stable internet connection to access the application. MTV2 is available on most cable networks. Streaming services like Hulu Live TV and Sling TV offers MTV network. You can use any of these platforms to stream MTV2 on your Apple TV.
How to Get MTV2 on Apple TV
1. Setup your Apple TV and press the Home Button on the remote.
2. Select the App Store on the home screen.
3. Then, select the Search icon and type MTV and search for it.
4. Now, select the Get Button to install MTV on your Apple TV.
5. After the installation is complete, open the application.
6. An activation code will display on the screen.
7. Go to https://www.mtv.com/activate on your browser and enter the activation code and click Continue.
8. Enter your cable TV subscription account to verify the account.
9. Now, you can log in to the MTV application on your Apple TV to stream it.
Related: How to Install HLN on Apple TV [Guide]
Alternative Way: Screen Mirror MTV2 to Apple TV
1. Connect your Apple TV and iPhone or iPad to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Download the MTV application on your iPhone from App Store.
3. Turn on the Screen Mirroring option from the notification and select your Apple TV.
4. Now, open the MTV2 application and log in with your account.
5. Play any show that you like on your iPhone to mirror it on your Apple TV.
Related: How to Add and Stream MotorTrend TV on Apple TV
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I watch MTV2?
You can watch MTV2 on Firestick TV with one of these streaming services: Philo, fuboTV, or Sling TV.
2. Is the MTV app free?
To download the application, it is free. But you need to have a cable TV subscription account to get access.