Sony Smart TV works on Android OS that offers multiple features and functionalities. It is one of the best-selling premium smart TVs in the market. Netflix doesn’t need any introduction, and it can be installed on your Sony Smart TV from the Play Store. Netflix seems to works fine in most cases. However, it isn’t completely prone to some errors or glitches. As a result, you will encounter Netflix on Sony Smart TV not working issue. It is vital to address this issue every now to ensure that the device and the app are working well together. In such cases, certain DIY techniques will come in handy to help you stream Netflix on Sony TV.
Several issues can occur while streaming Netflix on your smart TV. The issues may be anything ranging from server issues to updates to network errors to storage space. Every issue can be fixed by ourselves. All the possible fixes are discussed neatly in this write-up. They are all the simple techniques like restarting, updating, fixing errors, clearing storage, subscription, resetting, can fix every issue.
Netflix on Sony Smart TV Not Working – Possible Fixes
If you have installed Netflix on Sony Smart TV, and get any issues, you shall fix them with the following troubleshooting techniques.
1. Check Internet Connectivity
Internet connectivity is the most important for the Netflix app to load content. So if your Sony Smart TV isn’t connected to an internet network, then do the honor. To connect the device to the internet, follow the below steps.
- From the home screen, choose Settings > Network > Network Setup.
- Then, select Set up Network Connection or Wireless Setup.
- If you are connecting automatically, choose the Easy, Auto, and WPS buttons.
- If you are connecting manually, choose Expert, Custom, or Scan.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Check Power Supply
Sometimes insufficient or abundant power supply can bring huge harm to your TV, affecting the streaming experience of Netflix on Sony Smart TV. So make sure that the TV is connected to the power supply for your TV to load. If not, tighten the connection or change the power cord or use a stabilizer.
Netflix is luckily available in most countries. But few contents will not be load in certain areas due to geo-restrictions. So use a VPN to stay anonymous and for the content to load. Not all VPN service providers work well with Netflix streaming. If you prefer streaming without any interruption, you can use a reliable VPN service provider. Sometimes you may need to turn off VPN.
4. Subscription and Screen Limit
Based on the subscription, your simultaneous streaming will be limited. So if you want to stream without any restrictions on multiple devices, choose the Premium Plan with which you can stream on 5 devices. If the screen limit is reached, you need to log out from other devices to stream on Sony TV. Sometimes your subscription would require a renewal. Make sure that you have paid for your subscription and also the subscription is currently active.
5. Restart the App
Simply close the app and launch the app again from the home screen. It will help you to restart the app and fix minor glitches at once. It is a fix that comes in handy when your app freezes or hangs or doesn’t load any contents.
6. Server Down
Sometimes the Netflix app server can go down due to various reasons. In such cases, you need to wait until the server is working. You can check it by using the app on any other device or through the internet and social media.
7. Clear Some Space
If you feel the device storage is full, you can clear up some of the caches to make the Netflix work on Sony Smart TV without any issues. With this, you can even update your Netflix app to the latest version.
Restart the Sony Smart TV
Follow the steps below to restart your Sony TV to check Netflix works without any issue.
- To restart the Sony Smart TV, press and hold the power button on the remote for 5 seconds until you find the Power Off messages.
- The TV will restart immediately.
- If you are facing any difficulties with the remote, just press the power button on the TV and unplug it from the power cord. Let it stay idle for 2 minutes.
- Now, turn it on again, which will help you in several ways.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Netflix App
Most of the Sony Smart TVs come with the Netflix app preinstalled. If you are facing any difficulties, just uninstall the app and then reinstall it again.
- Open Settings on your Sony Smart TV.
- Then select the Apps option. If your remote has the Apps, button you can directly launch Apps by pressing it.
- Click See All Apps.
- Select Netflix and click Uninstall.
The app gets uninstalled at once from your TV. Now you need to install the Netflix app on Sony Smart TV.
- To install the app, launch the Play Store.
- Search for the Netflix app.
- Install the app on your TV.
- Open the app and sign in with your username and password.
It is as simple as that to add apps on Sony Smart TV.
Update the App
Here is the guide to update Netflix app on Sony TV>
- To update an app on Sony Smart TV, launch the Play Store app.
- Choose Settings, and select Auto-update apps and turn it on. It will enable the auto-updates for all apps, including Netflix.
- If not, visit the Play Store and search for the Netflix app. Then, Check for Updates. If it shows, click Update.
Update the Sony Smart TV
You can update the Sony Smart TV Firmware if any.
- Go to Settings and choose the Help option.
- Now, choose System Software Update under Staus and Diagnostics.
- In order to check manually, click on Check for System Software Update or Software Update.
Reset the Netflix Account
- To reset the Netflix account, you first need to sign out of the app.
- Go to home screen > All Apps > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications.
- Choose the Netflix app.
- Now select Clear Data and press OK.
- All your accounts get deleted.
- Then again, you need to sign in with the account from the first.
Factory Reset Sony Smart TV
Factory resetting Sony TV will be our last resort as it will wipe all your TV data and info.
- Press the home button to navigate to the home screen and select Settings.
- Now choose Storage and Reset option.
- Choose Restore Factory Settings and press the Enter button.
- Then, choose Erase Data and now confirm. The TV will begin to factory reset.
If none of the above fixes doesn’t work in fixing the issue with Netflix, you shall contact the customer support of Netflix or Sony Smart TV. They will help you to resolve Netflix on Sony smart TV, not working issues. For any queries, you shall comment us.