Sky TV came up with a wonderful subscription-based TV service called NOW TV. Unlike other streaming services, NOW TV allows you to purchase passes for a monthly subscription. They have got five different passes covering five different categories of on-demand videos. This includes entertainment, movies, sports, kids, and Hayu. With Chromecast, you can stream media content from your smartphone or PC to your TV. Let us see how to cast NOW TV via Chromecast to your TV.
NOW TV Subscriptions
- Entertainment Pass – 9.99/month Euros.
- Movies pass – 11.99/month Euros.
- Sports PAss – 33.99/month Euros
- Kids Pass – 3.99/month Euros
- Hayu Pass- 4.99/month Euros
NOW TV on Chromecast
NOW TV has got native support for casting. By connecting to the same WiFi, you can stream the contents to your TV from your Android or iOS mobile. As far as Mac or Windows PC are concerned, we can cast the contents from the Google Chrome browser.
How to Chromecast NOW TV: Using Smartphone
1). Set up your Chromecast device. Then turn it and connect it to a WiFi network.
2). Connect your Android or IOS mobile to the same WiFi network.
4). Then log in with your account credentials.
5). Start Playing any of your favorite video which you want to stream on Chromecast.
6). Tap the Cast icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
7). Choose your Chromecast device.
8). On a successful connection, the NOW TV video will appear on your TV through Chromecast in HD quality.
How to Chromecast NOW TV: Using PC
1). On your Windows or Mac PC, run the Google Chrome browser.
2). Connect your PC and your Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
3). Go to the NOW TV website and sign in with your account.
4). Right-click on the screen and then choose the Cast option.
5). Choose your Chromecast device and then select the Cast tab in the Sources menu.
6). Now, play any of the video titles from the webpage. It will appear on your TV.
Chromecast NOW TV: Not Working
- If it is not working, then the first thing you need to do is make sure that both the devices are on the same WiFi network.
- Check whether your Chromecast device is properly connected to your TV.
- Also, ensure that the NOW TV app in smartphones is up-to-date. If not, update the app. Or try updating the computer or smartphone firmware so that it can support the casting.
- Try restarting your computer or smartphone. If it doesn’t work, then restart your Chromecast device.
- Sometimes Chromecast may not be updated to its latest version. So update Chromecast Firmware.
- If none of the above solutions works, reset the Chromecast device.
Now we have successfully done casting the NOW TV to the Chromecast. Still, having any queries? Write to us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Chromecast count as a device on NOW TV?
Yes, Chromecast count as a device on NOW TV. You can stream NOW TV videos on up to 3 devices. By connecting to the Chromecast device, the NOW TV device limit will be two devices.
2. Can you watch Now TV in Ireland?
Yes, you can watch all the NOW TV videos in Ireland. For other countries, you can use the app for 30 days.