Telstra TV is a Roku-powered streaming device. The working and the UI of the device is similar to the Roku device. Telstra TV comes with some pre-installed apps. If you want more apps, you can download and install apps from the app store just like you do in Roku. To download and install apps, Telstra has its own App Store. If you want to install the Plex app on Telstra TV, you can do that with the help of the channel store.
Plex has two types of apps: the Plex Media Player app and the Plex Media Server app. For Telstra TV, only the Plex Media Player app is available. With the app, you can get to watch all the movies and TV shows that are stored on the server. To maintain a Plex Media Server, you need a PC. By using the same Plex account on both server and player apps, you can get cross-platform access on any applicable devices.
How to Install Plex on Telstra TV?
(1) Turn on your Telstra TV and press the Home button on the remote to open the TV menu.
(2) Then, scroll down to the App Store and click on it.
(3) A list of all the available apps will be displayed. Scroll down and find the Plex app.
(4) Now, click on the Plex app.
(5) On the next screen, click the Add app button on the right pane.
(6) The downloading will begin. Wait for the download to complete.
(7) When it is completed, click the OK button.
Procedure to Use Plex on Telstra
(1) From the TV menu, go to My Apps section.
(2) All the installed app will be available here. Choose the Plex app from the list.
(3) It will ask for sign in credentials. Enter your Plex account details and click the Login button.
(4) Now, you get the Plex home screen. Play your favorite movie.
Install the Plex app on your Telstra TV from the App Store. As Telstra TV is similar to the Roku device, the procedure to install apps on Telstra TV is going to be easy if you have used the Roku device. Still, if you have difficulties leave that in the comments below.
Related: Plex on Vizio Smart TV
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What apps are available on Telstra TV?
You can get to see all the available apps on the App Store. You can choose the app that you want to install.
2. Can you get Amazon Prime on Telstra TV?
Yes, you can download the Amazon Prime Video app from the Telstra TV’s app store.