First of all, Skype is the most used reliable, and professional communication platform. The Skype application is not available on Roku. You cannot download or sideload any third-party application on it as it is using Roku OS. And additionally, t requires an add on Hardware called a web camera. Skype doesn’t support TV OS. So the only option to do Skype Call on Roku TV is screen mirroring.
How to Make Skype Video Calls on Roku?
As I said earlier you need to screen mirror in order to do Skype Video Call on Roku TV. In order to use Skype on TV, you have to enable screen mirroring on Roku TV.
How to Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku
(1) Set up your Roku device with TV. Connect your TV and Roku by using the HDMI port.
(2) Connect Roku to a power source.
(3) Turn on your Roku device and go to the home screen.
(4) Go to Settings >> System >> Screen Mirroring.
(5) Then select Screen mirroring mode.
(6) And then choose the prompt option to enable the screen mirroring.
(7) You can also choose “Always allow” but it may concern your privacy.
And you have successfully enabled screen mirroring on Roku.
Screen Mirror Skype Video Calls on Roku using Android
(1) Connect your Roku TV and Android mobile to the same WiFi network.
(2) Download and Install Skype application on your Android mobile.
(2) Log in to your Skype account or create your own new account.
(4) Now on your Skype, go to Settings.
(5) Select the “Connection and Sharing” option.
(6) Now choose the cast icon and enable it.
(7) Your phone will search for available devices and displays them. Click on the Roku device to screen mirror.
(8) Now you can see your Android screen on your Roku TV.
Make calls using Skype and the same will appear on the screen.
Screen Mirror Skype Video Calls on Roku from Windows
(1) Connect your Roku and PC to the same WiFi network.
(2) Open the Chrome browser and click the three-dotted menu option.
(3) Then choose the cast option.
(4) It will now automatically search for nearby devices.
(5) Now on the device name click Source Drop Down and then choose Cast.
(6) After that select your Roku device.
Now the screen will be mirrored. Login to Skype on a website or software and start making video calls which will appear on your TV.
If you are using a Chromecast, then try to cast Skype to TV using Chromecast as well.
From iPhone and Mac
- Download the Mirror for Roku App available for both iPhone and Mac.
- Connect your TV and iPhone to the same WiFi network.
- Tap on the Screen Mirroring button.
- If it isn’t available then, Go to Settings >> Control Center >> Customize controls >> Screen recording.
- Now tap “start broadcast” and select the Roku device.
- And your iPhone screen will appear on your TV.
With the above methods, you can make Skype calls on your Roku connected TV. Skype is not a native application and hence, you have to use this method to stream it on your TV.