Sling TV is a reliable streaming service to watch all your favorite live TV channels when you decided to cut the cord. It offers a similar viewing experience to traditional cable and satellite services. The US-based online TV service provides access to channels from networks like ESPN, AMC, BBC, FOX, CNN, HGTV, and many more. Launched in 2015, the service is widely accessible on devices like Android, iOS, Firestick, Roku, and Chromecast. Sling TV has built-in cast support to stream the live TV channels on the Chromecast connected TVs. Wondering how to watch Sling TV on Chromecast? Here is the guide to show it the step-by-step procedure.
Things to Do before Casting
- Connect Chromecast to the HDMI port of your TV.
- Download the Sling TV app on your Android or iOS device and sign in to your valid Sling TV account.
- Ensure that your casting device (Android or iOS) and Chromecast is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- If you’re using Windows or Mac, you just need to install the Chrome browser.
- Select the right input source on your TV.
Chromecast Sling TV using Android or iOS
Step 1: With your casting device and Chromecast connected to the same network, launch the Sling TV app.
Step 2: Tap the cast icon that you can find on the top menu bar of the app.
Step 3: Select your Chromecast device to watch the contents on the bigger screens.
Step 4: To stop streaming, click the Cast icon again and select Stop Casting.
Chromecast Sling TV using Browser on Windows or Mac PC
Step 1: Launch Google Chrome browser on your PC or Mac.
Step 2: Visit the web version of Sling TV (sling.com). Log in to your account if not logged in.
Step 3: Click the three-dot menu icon on the top right of the browser and select the Cast menu.
Step 4: Select and stream a movie or TV show that you want.
Step 5: The browser will search for the nearby wireless devices connected to the same network. If no devices are found, check whether both the devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
Step 6: Select your Chromecast and the media will play on the TV automatically.
Related: Sling TV on Firestick/Fire TV: How to Install and Use
Sling TV Chromecast issues
Facing issues which casting Sling TV, try these general fixes
- Ensure that your Android/iOS and Chromecast are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Sling TV app is only available for US people.
- Check the frequency of your router. Some of the Chromecast can’t detect the 5 GHz network.
- Update your Chromecast to the latest version.
- Reset your Chromecast.
Still finding difficulties to cast Sling TV on Chromecast, mention your issues in the comment section.