SoPlayer is an intuitive and user-friendly video player app. With the SoPlayer, the user can stream their favorite movies, TV shows, and series with an active internet connection. SoPlayer is a free middleware application that doesn’t provide any streaming content. There is no need for any subscription or registration required in order to access the contents as you get the login credentials from your service providers. Apple TV is one of the streaming devices that are compatible with the SoPlayer.
SoPlayer can be installed on Apple TV 4K and newer models. For older models, like Apple TV 3rd Gen or lower, you have to screen mirror the app from your iPhone or iPad.
How to Install SoPlayer on Apple TV
(1) Connect your Apple TV with your TV.
(2) Press the home button on the Apple TV remote.
(3) Then, from the Apple TV home screen, navigate to the App Store.
(4) Click on the Search option.
(5) On the search field, type SoPlayer.
(6) Scroll down and select the SoPlayer application.
(7) On the app info screen, click on the Install button.
(8) The SoPlayer app will be downloaded and installed on your Apple TV.
(9) Click on Open to launch the SoPlayer app.
(10) Now, enter the Provider ID, Username, and Password provided by the IPTV service provider.
(11) On successful login, you can start streaming the contents you want to stream on your Apple TV.
How to Screen Mirror SoPlayer on Apple TV
(1) Connect your Apple TV and iOS devices to the same WiFi connection
(2) Install the SoPlayer app from the App Store.
(3) Open the SoPlayer app and enter all the necessary details.
(4) Now, go to the Control Panel and choose the Screen Mirroring option.
(5) Choose your Apple TV on the list.
(6) Now, stream any of the video content from the SoPlayer app.
(7) It will appear on your Apple TV.
SoPlayer Not Working on Apple TV
If the SoPlayer app is not working, you can try the following solutions.
- First, try closing and then reopening the SoPlayer app.
- In order to enhance the user experience, you will get app updates frequently. So you can check for the update of the app when the app is not working. If there is any update, make sure to update the app on Apple TV.
- If there weren’t any updates, you can try uninstalling the application and reinstall the SoPlayer app.
- Try restarting the Apple TV so that any minor issues with the device will be fixed immediately.
- Sometimes if there is any firmware update for Apple TV, the apps may stop working. So make sure to update the Apple TV.
- If none of the above methods helps, just reset the Apple TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I install SoPlayer on Apple TV?
The SoPlayer app is available on the Apple App Store. So you can easily install the SoPlayer application and start streaming your favorite movies.
2. Does IPTV work on Apple TV?
IPTV helps you to stream various live TV channels (both local and international) and on-demand video content. Some IPTV apps work well with Apple TV.