Like Netflix, Spotify is an international streaming platform but for music and podcasts. In the Spotify app, you can get to listen to more than 50 million songs and thousands of podcasts around the world. Being an international app, you will get songs from all around the world. In addition to smartphones and PCs, the Spotify app is also available for smart TVs. Let’s see how to use the Spotify app on Vizio Smart TV to listen to songs and podcasts.
Sadly, the Spotify app is not available on the Vizio App Store, and you can’t install the app on your Vizio Smart TV. But, all the Vizio Smart TVs are equipped with Chromecast support. With the Spotify smartphone app, you can cast the music file to the smart TV.
Procedure to Chromecast Spotify on Vizio Smart TV
Before getting into the casting, make sure that your smartphone and Vizio Smart TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
(2) After the installation, open the Spotify app on your smartphone.
(3) On the app, play any music file.
(4) When the music is playing, tap the Now Playing bar at the bottom of the screen.
(5) On the playback screen, tap the Devices Available button.
(6) The list of cast-supported devices will appear. Select your Vizio Smart TV.
(7) Now, the music will be played on your smart TV. You can change the song, forward, or rewind from your smartphone.
(8) To stop the casting, tap the Devices Available button and choose the smartphone.
If you want to install the app on Vizio TV, you have to use any external streaming devices like Fire TV Stick or Roku Streaming Players.
Being the international app, it is surprising to see the Spotify app is not available for Vizio TV. Since Spotify is a popular music streaming app in the world, we can expect the app to be released for Vizio Smart TV soon. Until then, use the built-in Chromecast feature to cast the app from your smartphone. Tell us your opinion about this in the comments below.
Related: How to Stream Spotify on Sharp TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I get Spotify on my Vizio TV?
As of now, the app is not supported by Vizio Smart TV. You need to cast the app from your smartphone.
2. Which smart TVs have Spotify?
All the supported devices are listed on the Spotify Everywhere Support Page.