Telegram is one of the instant messaging platforms available for both Android and iOS devices. It is very similar to Whatsapp in its functionalities but has more advanced features like custom stickers, communities that you can be a part of, and much more. It delivers messages faster and doesn’t limit you with the size of chat or media. Telegram is a free-to-use app that you can download in the Google Play Store. Unfortunately, the app isn’t available in the Play Store for Google TV. However, this article guides you to install and use Telegram on Google TV using alternative ways.
Though the app isn’t officially available on the Google TV Play Store, you can download and install the apk file to your device. The other option to use the Telegram app on Google TV is by casting the screen from your Android or iOS devices.
How to Get Telegram on Google TV using Downloader
1. Make sure your Google TV has an active internet connection.
2. Click the Search icon on the home screen.
3. Type and search for the Downloader in the search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
4. Next, choose the Downloader app from search results.
5. Click on the Install button on the app info page to download the app on Google TV.
5. Further, go to Settings from your Profile menu.
6. Next, click on the System option in the settings menu and go to the About option.
7. In the about menu on the right panel, you will find the Android TV OS version. Tap on it seven times to turn on Developer mode.
8. Next, go to the Settings app again and choose the Apps option.
9. Further, select the Security & Restrictions and turn on the Install unknown apps option.
10. Next, select the Downloader app and turn on the Install unknown apps toggle.
11. Now, launch the Downloader app on Google TV from the home screen.
12. Enter the Telegram apk download link https://bit.ly/3ptPQcz on the search bar to download the app and click the Go button.
13. When the file is downloaded, click on the Install button.
14. Finally, click Open to launch the app and sign in to your account, and start using Telegram on your Google TV.
Alternative Way: Cast Telegram to Google TV from Smartphone
It is possible to cast Telegram to Google TV from Android and iPhone. Both the methods are explained in detail here in this section. You should download Telegram from Google Play Store and App Store before proceeding any further.
1. Connect your Google TV and Android device to the same Wi-Fi connection.
2. Now, go to Notification Panel on your smartphone and turn on the cast option.
3. Further, select your Chromecast with Google TV from the list of available devices.
4. When the connection is established, your Android screen shows on your Google TV.
5. Finally, open the Telegram app on your Android, and use it on the TV screen.
From iOS device
To screencast iOS devices, you will need to install a third-party app on your iOS device.
1. Ensure that the Chromecast and the iOS device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Open the App Store and download the Replica app on the iOS device.
3. Launch the Replica app and click Continue in the prompt.
4. Tap on the Google TV device from the list of available devices.
5. Now, open the Telegram app on your iOS device and start using it on Google TV.
Related: How to Stream Travel Channel on Google TV
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the Telegram app available for Google TV?
Telegram app is not officially available for Google TV. However, you can download the apk file and sideload it o your Google TV device.
2. Is Telegram a free app?
Yes, you can download Telegram free of cost from Google Play Store or App Store.