TikTok has been a widespread social app that deals with short-form videos. The user can create as well as watch original videos in different genres. There is something to watch every time you open TikTok. The viewers will be able to like, comment, and share the videos. And with this, you will get a personalized video feed that shows fun and interesting videos. TikTok is used by budding artists and entertainers as a platform to showcase their talents in the form of videos. Although it is a popular app and available for mobile platforms, you may wonder how you can get TikTok on Roku streaming devices and TV.
You cannot find TikTok on the Channel Store as it isn’t been officially released yet. But there are alternative ways to stream the TikTok videos on your Roku-connected TV. i.e., by screen mirroring the TikTok app from your Android or iOS to the Roku and watching all the videos on your TV screen. For step-by-step guidelines, you should check out the article.
How to Screen Mirror TikTok on Roku
- From Android
- From iOS
- Using PC
How to Cast TikTok to Roku TV: Using Android
You should enable screen mirroring on your Roku TV and begin with casting TikTok from the Android phone or tablet.
On Roku TV:
(1) Go to the Settings section on your Roku streaming device.
(2) Now, click on the Screen Mirroring option.
(3) Select the Enable screen mirroring mode.
(4) Then, choose either the Prompt or Always allow option.
On Android Phone:
(1) Install the TikTok app from the Play Store.
(2) Connect your Android smartphone and your Roku device to the same WiFi network.
(3) Go to the Notification Panel on the top of the screen.
(4) Click on the Cast option.
(5) Select your Roku device.
(6) Now, start playing any videos on the TikTok app.
(7) It will be streamed on your Roku screen.
How to AirPlay TikTok on Roku: Using iOS
It is mandatory to enable the AirPlay settings on your Roku device to screen mirror TikTok from your iPhone/iPad.
On Roku TV:
(1) Click on the Settings option.
(2) Select the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.
(3) Now, click on the AirPlay option and choose the Required Code.
(4) Then, choose First Time Only option.
(1) Then, install the TikTok app from the App Store.
(2) Now, connect your Roku device and iOS device to the same WiFi network.
(3) Then, drag down the Control Centre on your iPhone or iPad.
(4) Tap the Screen Mirroring option.
(5) Select the Roku device.
(6) Enter the passcode that appears on your TV screen.
(7) Now start streaming TikTok videos on Roku.
How to Screen Mirror TikTok on Roku Using PC
(1) Make sure to connect your PC to the same WiFi network as that of your Roku.
(2) Launch the Google Chrome web browser.
(3) Go to TikTok’s official website.
(4) Log in to your account and right-click on the screen.
(5) Press Windows + P to open the Project menu.
(6) Choose the Duplicate option.
(7) Now, your PC will look for a nearby mirroring device. Choose your Roku TV.
(8) Play any video and it will appear on your Roku screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. You can’t install the Tik Tok channel on your Roku streaming device. The only way is to screen mirror the TikTok app from your Android or iOS phone to stream the videos on your Roku TV.
Yes. You can Chromecast TikTok from your Android or iPhone by downloading the TikTok app from the respective app store.