Amazon Firestick is one elf the best streaming platforms in the market right now. Finding and installing apps for your Firestick device is a breeze with a dedicated App Store from Amazon. Further, the device runs a modified version of the Android OS, and one can also download compatible apk files and sideload them to the Firestick giving us more flexibility in finding apps and channels that we want on our device. In this article, let’s discuss how to install one such amazing app called Twitch on Firestick.
If you’re familiar with the streaming world, you already know what Twitch is. For all the unfamiliar folks, Twitch is the most popular streaming platform primarily focusing on gaming. There are a ton of amazing content creators on this platform from all over the globe. It is not just all that, and there are also a bunch of different categories that people stream in, ranging from just chatting to ASMR. You can watch all your favorite E-Sports tournaments live here.
How to Install Twitch on Firestick from the Amazon App Store
The Official Twitch app is available for direct installation on the Amazon App Store. So you can directly download it on your device without any third-party apps.
1. Click the Search icon from the top-left of the Firestick Home Screen.
2. Enter Twitch in the Search bar using the onscreen keyboard to find it.
3. Next, open the Twitch app from the search results.
4. Further, click on the Get Button on the App info screen to install the Twitch app on Firestick.
5: Once the Twitch app gets installed, click on the Open button to launch the app.
Related: How to Watch Science Channel on Firestick [Two Ways]
Alternative Method: Install Twitch on Firestick from a Smartphone or Computer
1. Visit the Amazon Website from a smartphone or computer.
2. Select the Sign In button from the top of the screen. Then, sign in with the same Amazon account as that of your Firestick device.
3. Once you Sign in to the account, type Twitch in the Search bar and search for it.
4. Click on the Twitch app from the search results.
5. To proceed, hover to select the Get button on the App info page.
6. Now, the following screen will show a list of devices signed into the Amazon account. Select Firestick device from the list, and the app will be automatically installed on your device.
Related: How to Get Silk Browser on Firestick/Fire TV in 2 Ways
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Twitch available for Firestick/TV?
Yes. The official Twitch app is available in the Amazon App Store, and you can download it directly to your Firestick/TV.
2. Do you need a Twitch Prime to access Twitch?
No. The app is free to use, and you can watch your favorite streamers for free if you don’t mind a few ads. However, you can get a Twitch Prime that comes with a bunch of benefits. If you want to know more about this, you can visit the Twitch website.