VLC Media Player is one of the best media players for smartphones and PC. In the app, you can play audio and video files of any format without any issues. In addition to that, you can also stream online videos by using the URL. VLC Media Player app is available for Firestick as well. You can download the app from the Amazon App Store. As all the Fire TV and Fire TV Stick are integrated with the Amazon App Store, you can easily install the VLC on the streaming device.
The developer team of VLC developed a separate app for Firestick devices. In the Amazon App Store, the app is named VLC for Fire. The app is specifically developed for Fire TV devices. The navigation and controls can be done easily using the Fire TV remote. You don’t have to use any third-party navigation apps like Mouse Toggle in VLC for Fire app.
How to Install VLC on Firestick?
(1) Press the Home button on the Fire TV remote to get the home screen.
(2) On the home screen, go to the Search icon.
(3) Using the on-screen keyboard, type VLC for Fire and search.
(4) Select the VLC for Fire app in the list of apps displayed.
(5) Now, tap the Get or Download icon to install the app.
(6) After the app is download, the app will be automatically installed.
(7) Then, tap the Open icon to launch the VLC for Fire app.
How to Use VLC on Firestick?
(1) Open the VLC for Fire app on your Firestick.
(2) The Video section will display all the offline stored videos on your Firestick.
(3) The Audio section will allow you to play all the audio files stored on your Firestick.
(4) In the Browsing section, you will get to stream online videos with the URL.
(5) In the Other section, you can customize the media player with the settings available.
Install the VLC for Fire app on your Firestick and watch video & audio files. Use the VLC Media Player to stream online media files and play offline media files of any format. If you want to know any other things about Firestick, tell us in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I get VLC on my FireStick?
You can install the VLC for Fire on your Firestick directly from the Amazon App Store.
2. What is the best video player for Amazon Fire Stick?
VLC is one of the best video players for Fire TV Stick if not the best. You can also use MX Player on Firestick.
3. Does FireStick have MX Player?
No, MX Player is not a pre-installed app on Firestick. You have to manually install the app.