On February 15, 2015, YouTube launched its subsidiary named YouTube Kids. The platform is made especially for kids and children under 12 years of age. In YouTube Kids, you can create both a parent account and a kid account. You will get only the educational videos and kid-friendly YouTube videos. Like the YouTube app, the YouTube Kids app is also available for smartphones, web browsers, and Apple TV.
To access YouTube Kids, you don’t have to pay any subscription. You can use the platform for free. For parents, you can set parental controls to monitor your kid’s online presence. The app is available on the App Store. You can install the app on your Apple TV.
Procedure to Install YouTube Kids on Apple TV
(1) Turn on your Apple TV and go to the App Store.
(2) Navigate to the Search bar on the top of the screen.
(3) Search for the YouTube Kids app.
(4) Select the YouTube Kids app and tap the Get icon to install the app.
(5) Now, tap the Open icon to launch the YouTube Kids app.
(6) Sign in with your Parent account or create an account for your kid.
(7) Entertain your children with the YouTube Kids videos and content.
Procedure to AirPlay YouTube Kids on Apple TV
The above method only works with new generations of Apple TV (Apple TV 4K and HD). For Apple TV 3rd Gen and lower models, you have to cast the app from your iPhone or iPad using the AirPlay feature. Your iPhone or iPad should be connected to the same WiFi network as your Apple TV for this method.
(1) Open the YouTube Kids app on your iOS device or install the app from the App Store.
(2) Sign in with your account if asked.
(3) Play any video from the app.
(4) While playing the video, tap the AirPlay icon
(5) Your Apple TV will appear. Tap on it.
(6) Now, the video will appear on your Apple TV.
These are the easy steps that you need to follow to install YouTube Kids on your Apple device. If you are using an older version of Apple TV, cast the app from your iOS device. As the Safari browser is missing in all the Apple TV models, you can’t use the YouTube Kids website. Like the YouTube Kids app, you can also install YouTube TV on Apple TV. Share your thoughts about the YouTube Kids app in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is YouTube Kids available on Apple TV?
Yes, the app is available on the App Store and installed on newer Apple TV models.
2. How can I watch YouTube Kids on my older Apple TVs?
For older models, you can use the AirPlay feature to cast the app from your iPhone or iPad to Apple TV.