YouTube, launched on December 15, 2005, had seen a lot of new updates and new features over the years. Started as a video-sharing website, now it has an app for all smartphones and smart TVs. You can install the YouTube app on any other smart TVs and streaming devices. With the new updates, YouTube is also discontinuing its old features. In this article, we will explore the different ways that you can use YouTube on your Sharp Smart TV.
In 2017, YouTube discontinued the Flash version of the app. This affects the smart TV a lot. Smart TVs like Panasonic, Sharp, and some other smart TV can’t able to access the YouTube app. If you have the Sharp TV Aquos model, you no longer use the app. When you try to access the Youtube app on any Aquos models, you will get the Error Message screen. To use the YouTube app, you need to buy an upgraded version of Sharp TV, Sharp Easy Smart TV, or Sharp Android TV.
How to Install YouTube on Sharp Android TV?
In Sharp Android TV, most of the Google-owned apps like YouTube., Play Store, Play Music, and more will be pre-installed. You don’t need to install the YouTube app manually. But, if YouTube is not pre-installed, follow the below steps to install the app.
(1) Open the Play Store app on your Sharp Android TV.
(2) Go to the Search bar on the top of the screen.
(3) The on-screen keyboard will appear. Type YouTube and search.
(4) Select the YouTube app from the list of apps.
(5) Click the Install button to install the app.
(6) After the app is installed, click the Open button to run the YouTube app.
(7) Sign in with your Gmail account and start watching videos on your Sharp Android TV.
If you want ad-free streaming, you can buy the YouTube Premium subscription, which costs $11.99 per month with a one-month free trial.
Even though YouTube is a world-popular app, it has some device restrictions. Until the Flash version of the YouTube app is resolved, you can’t watch YouTube videos on your smart TV. As of now, the YouTube app is only available for Sharp Android TV and Sharp Easy Smart TV. If you want to anything about Sharp TV, tell us in the comments below.
Related: Disney Plus on Sharp TV
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I get YouTube on my Sharp TV?
You can’t, the YouTube app is only available for Android TV models. You can get the YouTube app for Aquos models.
2. Can you get YouTube TV on Sharp Smart TV?
If you have Sharp Andriod TV, you can install the app. But you can’t do the same on your Sharp Aquos TV.