YouTube, launched on December 15, 2005, has seen a lot of new updates and new features over the years. Started as a video-sharing website, now it has an app for all smartphones and smart TVs. You can install the YouTube app on any other smart TV and streaming device. With the new updates, YouTube is also discontinuing its old features. In this article, we will explore the different ways that you can use YouTube on your Sharp Smart TV.
In 2017, YouTube discontinued the Flash-version of the app. This affects the smart TV a lot. Smart TVs like Panasonic, Sharp, and some other smart TV can’t able to access the YouTube app. If you have the Sharp TV Aquos model, you can no longer use the app. When you try to access the YouTube app on any Aquos models, you will get the Error Message on the screen. To use the YouTube app, you need to buy an upgraded version of Sharp TV, Sharp Easy Smart TV, or Sharp Android TV.
How to Install YouTube on Sharp Android TV?
In Android TV, most of the Google-owned apps like YouTube, Play Store, Play Music, and more will be pre-installed. You don’t need to install the YouTube app manually. But, if YouTube is not pre-installed, follow the below steps to install the app.
(1) Open the Play Store app on your Sharp Android TV.
(2) Go to the Search Bar on the top of the screen.
(3) The on-screen keyboard will appear. Type YouTube and search.
(4) Select the YouTube app from the list of apps.
(5) Click the Install button to install the app.
(6) After the app gets installed, click the Open button to run the YouTube app.
(7) Sign in with your Gmail account and start watching videos on your Sharp Android TV.
How to Stream YouTube on Sharp Smart TV using External Devices
Sharp smart TV users can make use of any of the popular streaming media players to stream the YouTube app. The compatible streaming players include
(1) Plug the streaming media player you own into the HDMI port of the Sharp TV.
(2) Ensure you have a stable WIFI or internet connection on the TV.
(3) Launch the respective app store of your media player.
(4) Use the search bar to find YouTube.
(5) Select the same when you get the suggestions.
(6) On the channel info screen, click on the Install or Get button.
(7) Allow the installation to get done. With that, select Open to launch the app.
(8) You can choose any video to start streaming on your Sharp TV.
YouTube on Sharp TV Not Working: Possible Fixes
YouTube can be installed on select models of Sharp TV only. So, you might come across streaming issues at times. The below fixes will help you get rid of the same.
- Connect the TV to the stable WIFI.
- Force close and relaunch the app.
- Check if there is any service outage.
- Update the app with the latest version.
- Upgrade your Sharp TV firmware.
- Uninstall and reinstall the previous version of the app.
If you want ad-free streaming, you can buy the YouTube Premium subscription, which costs $11.99 per month with a one-month free trial.
Even though YouTube is a world-popular app, it has some device restrictions. Until the Flash-version of the YouTube app is resolved, you can’t watch YouTube videos on your smart TV. As of now, the app is only available for Sharp Android TV and Easy Smart TV. In addition to YouTube, you shall even install Disney Plus on Sharp TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, you can’t get the app on all Sharp TV models. However, you can get the YouTube app for Android TV models. You can get the YouTube app for Aquos models.
If you have Sharp Andriod TV, you can install the app. But you can’t do the same on your Sharp Aquos TV.