YouTube TV is a standalone streaming platform owned by Google. Don’t confuse the platform with YouTube. Both are different from each other. YouTube is a video sharing platform available all over the world whereas YouTube TV is a subscription-based streaming platform available only in the USA. It is the only streaming platform that offers unlimited DVR storage. The app is available for almost all smart devices. You can easily install the YouTube TV on Roku.
YouTube TV app is available on the Roku Channel Store. Like the Firestick, Roku Channel Store is integrated into the Roku device. Just by searching the app, you can install the application on your Roku devices.
YouTube TV on Roku: Applicable Devices
YouTube TV app has certain limitations. The app is only available on a limited number of Roku models. The applicable Roku models are,
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Streaming Stick+ and Roku Streaming Stick (3800x and 3600x)
- Roku Premiere and Roku Premiere+
- Roku Express and Roku Express+ (3910x, 3900x, 3710x, and 3700x)
- Roku 4, Roku 3 (4200x and 4230x)
- Roku 2 (4210x)
To know the Roku model number, go to Settings –> System –> About. You will get the model number.
How to Install YouTube TV on Roku?
(1) On the Home screen, go to Streaming Channels option.
(2) Navigate to the Search Channels option.
(3) The on-screen keyboard will appear. Type YouTube TV and search for it.
(4) Select the YouTube TV app and click the Add channel button.
(5) The app will be downloaded and installed. When the confirmation pop-up comes, click the OK button.
(6) Now, click the Open channel button to launch the YouTube TV app on your Roku device.
Procedure to Activate YouTube TV on Roku
(1) When you open the app, you will get a screen similar to the one mentioned below.
(2) Take your smartphone or PC and go to tv.youtube.com/start.
(3) Sign in with your Google account if asked.
(4) Enter the activation code displayed on the screen to activate YouTube TV.
(5) After that, you can watch all the YouTube TV’s video contents on the device.
Install and activate the YouTube TV app on your Roku device. Get to watch more than 85 live TV channels with unlimited DVR storage. If you have any difficulties in the above steps tell us in the comments below.
Related: YouTube TV on Apple TV
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I activate YouTube TV on my device?
You can use the link mentioned in this article to activate the app.
2. Which devices support YouTube TV?
Check the list of devices mentioned above. The older version of Roku devices doesn’t support the app.
3. Why can’t I get YouTube TV on my Roku?
Check your Roku model whether the device is supported or not.