Zwift is a fitness application that allows users to run or cycle in a virtual world. Basically, this is a fitness application that features 1000+ structured workouts from various professional trainers worldwide. You can choose from any of them to reach your goals. With Zwift, fitness training is made easy and can be done from home using a bike trainer or treadmill. The service is available on various platforms like Android, iOS, Windows, and Apple TV devices. With the launch of Chromecast with Google TV, you can also use Zwift on Google TV. However, the installation isn’t straightforward as it isn’t compatible with Google TV. So let us look into the possible ways to install and use Zwift on Chromecast with Google TV.
Highlights of Zwift
The interesting features you will find with Zwift are listed down.
- There are more than 200 live events available on Zwift every day.
- You can run, ride, work out, and race with the help of the Zwift app.
- It lets you monitor your progress and analyze your performance.
- While working out, you can make friends and compete with others.
Zwift Subscription Plans & Pricing
Since Zwift is a premium workout training app, you shall need to get it at $14.99/mo, exclusive of taxes. Those new users will get a 7-day free trial with the start of the first ride.
How to Sideload Zwift on Google TV
As said, the app isn’t officially available on Google TV’s Play Store. But still, you can install Zwift by sideloading the Android APK file.
Install Downloader on Google TV
Downloader is an amazing application with which you can sideload any apps on your Google TV or Firestick with an Android APK.
(1) Set up your Chromecast with Google TV and connect it to the internet.
(2) Launch the Google TV and click on the Search option from your home screen.
(3) Now, type or use your voice to search for the Downloader application.
(4) Select the Downloader app from the search results.
(5) Click on the Install button on the app info screen.
Enable Unknown Sources
Once after installing the Downloader app, you need to enable the Unknown Sources to make sure that you are a Developer.
(1) From your Google TV home screen, click on the Profile icon and choose the Settings option.
(2) On the Settings screen, click on the System and then choose About.
(3) Now, scroll down and continuously click on the Android TV OS build until you see You are now a developer notification on the screen.
(4) Again, go back to Settings and now choose Apps.
(5) Click on Security and Restrictions, and then choose Unknown Sources.
(6) Now, Switch the Toggle near Downloader to enable the unknown sources from the Downloader app.
Sideload Zwift on Chromecast with Google TV
(1) Launch the Downloader app after enabling the Unknown Sources.
(2) Click on the home tab and highlight the URL field.
(3) Type the Zwift apk URL (https://bit.ly/3cSbBOS) on the field provided using the on-screen keys.
(4) Then, click on the Go button.
(5) Wait for the app to get downloaded.
(6) On the next screen, select Install.
(7) Once the app is installed, click on Open to launch the app.
(8) If you have an account, sign in with your user credentials.
(9) Now, you can start the training as usual on your Zwift app.
How to Cast Zwift to Chromecast with Google TV
If you don’t want to sideload the Zwift app as an apk, you can always Chromecast Zwift to your TV screen. The section below helps you cast the workouts from the Android smartphone.
(1) Firstly, connect your Google TV and smartphone to the same WIFI.
(2) On your Android phone, launch the Google Play Store.
(3) Click on the Search bar to type as Zwift and press enter.
(4) Select the app from the search results and click on the Install button to download it from the Play Store.
(5) Click on the Open button to launch the app on your Android phone.
(6) If prompted, you shall log in to Zwift with the necessary credentials. Optionally, you shall even create one if you don’t have one.
(7) Now, select the training or workout that you want to start and watch from Google TV.
(8) Open the Notifications Panel on the Android phone and select the Screen Cast option.
(9) Go ahead to choose your Google TV name from the available devices.
(10) Once the connection gets established, you shall watch the workout video on your TV.
These are the two ways in which you can access Zwift workouts on your Google TV. It is a home workout training app designed in such a way you need not visit the gym to stay fit. Apart from Google TV, you can access Zwift on Firestick.
No. You cannot download it from the Google TV Play Store on Google TV.
Yes, it works with Chromecast. Moreover, you can sideload the Android Apk to your Chromecast with Google TV and install the application.
There is no cast function on Zwift, so you need to mirror your smartphone or computer to your TV screen to stream your workouts or training on your TV.