Zwift is a virtual reality application that allows users to run or cycle in a virtual world. Basically, this is a fitness application that features 1000+ structured workouts from various professional trainers worldwide. The service is available on various platforms like Android, iOS, Windows, and Apple TV devices. With the launch of Chromecast with Google TV, you can also install and use Zwift on Google TV. So let us look into the possible ways to install and use Zwift on Chromecast with Google TV.
Zwift on Google TV
The app isn’t officially available on Google TV’s Play Store. But still, you can install Zwift by sideloading the Android APK file.
Install Downloader on Google TV
Downloader is an amazing application with which you can sideload any apps on your Google TV or Firestick with an Android APK.
(1) Set up your Chromecast with Google TV and connect it to the internet.
(2) Launch the Google TV and click on the Search option from your home screen.
(3) Now, type or use your voice to search for the Downloader application.
(4) Select the Downloader app from the search results.
(5) Click on the Install button on the app info screen.
Enable Unknown Sources
Once after installing the Downloader app, you need to enable the Unknown Sources to make sure that you are a Developer.
(1) From your Google TV home screen, click on the Profile icon and choose the Settings option.
(2) On the Settings screen, click on the System and then choose About.
(3) Now, scroll down and continuously click on the Android TV OS build until you see You are now a developer notification on the screen.
(4) Again, go back to the Settings and now choose Apps.
(5) Click on Security and Restrictions, and then choose Unknown Sources.
(6) Now, Switch the Toggle near Downloader to enable the unknown sources from the Downloader app.
Sideload Zwift on Chromecast with Google TV
(1) Launch the Downloader app after enabling the Unknown Sources.
(2) Click on the home tab and highlight the URL field.
(3) Type the following URL: https://bit.ly/3cSbBOS.
(4) Then, click on the Go button.
(5) Wait for the app to download.
(6) On the next screen, select Install.
(7) Once the app is installed, click on Open to launch the app.
(8) If you have an account, sign in with your user credentials.
(9) Now, you will be able to start the training as usual on your Zwift app.
If you don’t want to go for sideloading, you can always Chromecast Zwift to your TV screen. Do let us know your opinions in the comment section below.
Does Zwift Work with Google Chromecast?
Yes, absolutely, it works with Chromecast. Moreover, you can sideload the Android Apk to your Chromecast with Google TV and install the application.
Can I Cast Zwift to my TV?
There is no cast function on Zwift, so you need to mirror your smartphone or computer to your TV screen to stream your workouts or training on your TV.
Is sideloading illegal?
Sideloading isn’t illegal. It is just a jailbreaking process of your own device to access the contents from a third-party service. But sometimes, the links or contents may bring harm to your device.