Zwift is an excellent application for maintaining fitness while playing video games. Yes, Zwift combines your favorite video game and fitness. And it is a subscription-based application that costs $14.99/month. In addition to that, you can get to access the Zwift app on your Roku. To do your exercises, you would require a Zwift bike or Bluetooth enabled Treadmill.
Zwift on Roku TV
Zwift is not a native application on Roku. As Roku is based on an entirely different OS, Roku OS, you cannot sideload any application. But, you can stream Zwift on Roku by screen mirroring from smartphones and PCs. Before getting into the step, make sure to connect your Roku and smartphone or PC to the same WiFi network.
Prerequisite: Enable Screen Mirroring
- On the home screen, go to Settings >> System >> Screen Mirroring >> Screen mirroring mode.
- Choose Prompt in order to have some control over the device.
- Or choose Always allow in order to allow the screen mirroring without any restriction.
- If you choose Never allow, your Roku device will never accept screen mirroring from any device.
How to Stream Zwift on Roku TV: Using Android Devices
Download and install the Zwift application on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
1. Now, log in to your Zwift account.
2. On your Android smartphone, go to the Notification Panel.
3. From there, tap on the Screen Cast or Cast icon.
4. Now, select your Roku device from the list of devices.
5. When the mirroring is successful, open the Zwift app and stream any workout video.
6. The Zwift video will appear on your Roku device or Roku TV.
How to Stream Zwift on Roku TV: Using From iPhone or iPad
Make sure you already have downloaded the Zwift application on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store. For iOS devices, you need a third-party mirroring app. Install the Mirror for Roku developed by AirBeamTV from the App Store.
1. Open the Mirror for Roku application on your iPhone or iPad.
2. The app will search for nearby devices. When detected, tap on your Roku device.
3. If any prompts come, click the Allow button.
4. Now tap the Start Broadcast button to start the mirroring.
5. You can see your mobile screen on the TV.
6. Now, go to the Zwift app and play your favorite ride. It will appear on your Roku TV.
How to Stream Zwift on Roku TV: Using PC
1. On your bottom right corner of your PC, you can find the Notification Icon.
2. Left-click on it, you will get tiles of the icon where you have to click on Connect.
3. You can also go to Settings –> System –> Display –> Connect to a Wireless Display.
4. After that, a list of devices available for the cast will appear.
5. Now, find your Roku device and click it.
6. Then, your PC will be mirrored to your Roku.
7. Now, go to the Zwift website and play any fitness video.
With these three methods, you can screen mirror the Zwift videos and games on your Roku device. In the PC method, you can’t play any games on the webpage. For games and multiplayer access, you have to use the Zwift app with a subscription.
Related: How to Install Zwift on Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What devices support Zwift?
Devices like iPhone, iPad, Android, PC, and Apple TV support the Zwift app.
2. How do I screen mirror to my Roku?
Using third-party apps like Mirror for Roku, you can screen mirror a smartphone to your Roku.