Amazon Prime is a highly popular streaming service to watch TV shows and movies. It aims to provide users with streaming content for unlimited hours. You will find no shortage of movies and TV shows on Amazon Prime. In addition to this, it lets you watch the exclusive Amazon Originals. You shall browse for contents from an ever-expanding catalog of videos. Despite this, Amazon Prime brings you content in different languages. So, it is a great streaming option if you love watching regional content. With parental controls and dedicated kids page, Prime is a family-friendly option. In addition to streaming online, you shall download videos to watch it offline. You shall choose to buy or rent from thousands of titles. While it is accessible on multiple devices, this section is all about Amazon Prime on Roku.
Can I Get Amazon Prime on Roku?
Definitely. You can access Amazon Prime irrespective of the Roku products you own. Although it doesn’t come pre-installed like Netflix and Hulu, you can still get it from Roku Channel Store. With this, you will be able to watch your favorite content on the go.
Amazon Prime Subscription Plans
You shall initially start with a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime Video. It is available at $8.99/mo after the free trial. With this, you shall watch unlimited content with ad-free music.
Procedure to Install Amazon Prime on Roku from Channel Store
There are multiple ways available in which you can install Amazon Prime on RokuOS devices. Get to know them’ll and choose your preferred way of getting it.
Using Roku Channel Store
In this method, Amazon Prime can be installed from the Roku Channel Store directly.
1. Power on the Roku TV and connect it to WiFi.
2. Press the Home button on the Roku remote to select Streaming Channels.
3. When Channel Store opens up, use the search to find Amazon Prime.
Alternative: You may scroll down to find the Amazon Prime and click on it.
4. Highlight and select Add Channel on Amazon Prime info screen.
5. After the installation, you will find Amazon Prime along with other apps on Roku.
Using Roku Mobile App
If you are using the Roku Mobile app on Android or iOS devices, then here is the procedure to install Amazon Prime from it.
Note: Make sure you have installed the Roku Mobile app. Else get it from Apple App Store or Google Play Store from the respective devices.
1. Launch the Roku Mobile app from the app’s section.
2. Navigate to the bottom and tap on the Channels icon.
3. Choose Channel Store to proceed.
4. You can either browse or search for Amazon Prime and click on it.
5. Finally, tap on Add Channel to install it on Roku.
Note: You can add Amazon Prime from Roku official website. Just visit https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/details/13/prime-video using the browser. Hit Add Channel button and you will find the channel on the Roku device.
Procedure to Activate Amazon Prime on Roku
In order to further access Amazon Prime, you should activate it after it gets installed on Roku TV.
1. Open Amazon Prime on your RokuOS device.
2. Select Register on Amazon website and note the activation code.
Note: When prompted, you shall log in to your Prime account.
3. Visit https://primevideo.com/ontv/devices and login to your Amazon Prime account.
4. Enter the activation code and click on Activate button.
5. Now Roku will refresh and can start streaming Prime contents.
Related: How to Watch Amazon Prime on Chromecast.
Roku provides the convenience of installing the apps from the smartphone using the Roku Mobile app or from its website. You can choose between any of the methods to watch the latest movies and shows. Hope the article was useful to you. In case of any issues, you may contact us through comments.