After a long wait, the Apple TV app is finally launched on LG Smart TV. You can download the Apple TV app in the US and 54 other countries. Now, the app is available for LG Smart TVs that are manufactured from 2018 and above. In the older models, the app is under development. Let’s see how to install the Apple TV app on LG TV and what is the subscription plans.
Apple TV is an Apple-owned streaming platform launched on 1st November 2019. The subscription starts at $4.99 per month with a free trial for 7 days. Initially, the app is available only on Apple devices. After that, the app is released for streaming devices like Fire TV and Roku. Then, after four months, the app is launched for LG Smart TV models and other brands. Till now, the app is yet to be launched for older LG Smart TVs.
Procedure to Install Apple TV on LG Smart TV
(1) On your LG TV, go to the LG Content Store.
(2) Tap the Apps button on the top of the screen.
(3) On the Apps section, you can find the Apple TV app. If you can’t find the app, use the Search bar to search.
(4) Select the app and tap the Install button on the next screen.
(5) Wait for the Apple TV app to install. The installation speed is based on your internet connection.
(6) After the app is installed, tap the Launch button to open the Apple TV app on your LG Smart TV.
Procedure to Activate Apple TV on LG Smart TV
(1) Open the Apple TV app on your smart TV.
(2) The sign-in screen will appear. There are two different ways to sign in to Apple TV. Using the iPhone or using Apple ID.
(3) If you choose to Sign in on Mobile device, a QR code will appear on the TV. Scan the QR code on your iPhone. It will redirect you to the Apple TV activation website. If you want, you can also enter the website manually without scanning.
(4) Enter the activation code on the webpage and click the Continue button.
(5) Now, you will get the Welcome to Apple TV screen on your smart TV.
(6) Tap the Start Watching button to access all the Apple TV video titles.
(7) If you choose to Sign in on the TV option, you have to enter your Apple ID.
Install the Apple TV app on your LG Smart TV and watch all the Apple Originals from your home. If the app is not available on the LG Content Store, use any external streaming devices. Comment your favorite Apple Original show in the comments below.
Related: How to Install Apple TV on Vizio Smart TV
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I get Apple TV on my LG Smart TV?
Yes, you can. But the app is available only on selected LG TV models. You can check all the compatible models on the Apple TV support page.
2. How do I download the Apple TV app on my LG Smart TV?
Use the LG Content Store to install the Apple TV on your LG TV. If the app is not available, use any external streaming devices like Fire TV Stick or Roku.
3. How do I update my LG Smart TV?
Follow our detailed guide on how to update LG Smart TV to the new firmware.