- Via Screen Mirroring from Android: Enable Screen mirroring on Roku > Download Facebook on Android > Launch & login > Go to Notification panel > Cast > Roku TV.
- Via AirPlay from iOS: Enable AirPlay & Homekit Settings on Roku > Download and Launch Facebook on iOS > Login > Go to Control Center > Screen Mirroring > Roku TV.
- AirPlay from Mac: Go to Menu bar > Control Center > Screen Mirroring > Roku TV > Launch Browser > Visit Facebook website to mirror to Roku TV.
- To Cast Facebook Watch to Roku: Screen mirror phone to Roku TV > Open Facebook app > Click Facebook Watch tab > select a video to cast to TV.
Roku streaming devices are meant for streaming Netflix, YouTube, and similar streaming services. But social platforms like Facebook and Instagram for Roku aren’t available. If you want to use Facebook on Roku, you cannot deal with that directly. i.e., you need to change some settings on your device. Follow the instructions mentioned in this guide to know how to stream Facebook on Roku.
What is Facebook: An Overview
Facebook is one of the most preferred social media platforms in the world. In recent times, Facebook is not just used for connecting with friends and family. It is used to find social events, play games, find local businesses, sell in the marketplace, etc. Facebook brings you news and events around the world. It is also used a personal organizer where you can store your photos private.
Can You Get Facebook on Roku
There is no Facebook or related app in the Roku Channel Store, which makes it even harder to access Facebook on Roku. But if you have a smartphone, you can screen mirror Facebook Live, newsfeed, and other related things.
How to Watch Facebook on Roku Via Screen Mirroring
With the Facebook app on your handheld, you can cast Facebook Live to Roku TV by following the guidelines given below.
(1) Connect Roku TV to WiFi and use the same internet connection on your smartphone.
(2) On the Roku home screen, select the Settings option.
(3) From the Settings menu, choose the Screen Mirroring option.
(4) Select the Always allow or Prompt option to allow devices to mirror content.
(5) After that, select the Screen mirroring devices option.
(6) Your Roku device will search for nearby devices. When your smartphone is detected, choose it.
(7) Now, open the Facebook app on your smartphone, log in to your account.
(8) Select the Notification panel on an Android phone and choose the Cast option.
(9) Choose your Roku TV to mirror your phone to it.
- If you don’t have the Facebook app, get it installed from the Play Store.
How to Watch Facebook on Roku Via AirPlay
It is possible to AirPlay Facebook videos to Roku TV from Apple devices like iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- To AirPlay Facebook from Roku, go to Roku TV Settings > select AirPlay and HomeKit > AirPlay.
- Connect your Roku TV and Apple device to the same WIFI.
AirPlay Facebook to Roku from iOS
(1) Download and install the Facebook app on your iOS device from the App Store.
(2) Launch and login to your Facebook account with the necessary details.
(3) Now, go to the Control Center on your iPhone/iPad and select the Screen Mirroring option.
(4) Tap on the Roku TV to which you want to establish a connection.
(5) With that, launch the Facebook app on your handheld, and you will find the Facebook app screen on the Roku TV screen.
AirPlay Facebook to Roku from Mac
(1) Turn on Mac and connect it to the WIFI.
(2) Go to the menu bar on Mac and click on the Control Center.
(3) Select the Screen Mirroring option to choose your Roku TV.
(4) Now, open a browser on your Mac and visit the official website of Facebook, and log in to your account.
(5) Go to your feed or play a Facebook video, to screen mirror it to your Roku TV.
That was all about casting Facebook newsfeed, live videos, photos, and all other things onto the Roku TV screen.
How to Cast Facebook Watch on Roku
Facebook users can use the Watch tab to stream the videos posted on Facebook. If you want to cast it to Roku TV, the below steps will work for you. Carry out the steps below after mirroring your smartphone to Roku TV.
- On the Facebook app on your smartphone, click on the Facebook Watch tab.
- Scroll through the videos and select a live video you want to mirror to Roku TV.
- With this, the Facebook live video will start playing on your TV.
Note: Like a smartphone, you shall screen mirror Facebook Watch from your PC to Roku TV. For this, you should visit the Facebook Watch website (https://www.facebook.com/watch). Choose a video to mirror to your Roku TV.
How to Get Facebook on Roku [Alternative Ways]
If you find any difficulty screen mirroring Facebook to Roku, the few other alternative ways discussed below will help you out.
Using Streaming Devices
Although Roku Channel Store doesn’t feature the Facebook app, you can still access the Facebook Watch app on Firestick, Apple TV, Xbox One, etc. With this, you can stream Facebook videos on your TV.
So, you can connect any of the streaming devices to your Roku TV to take advantage of using Facebook. However, there are a few limitations. i.e., you cannot access others’ profiles, groups, pages, your newsfeed, etc.
Besides the streaming devices, select models from a few smart TV brands like Samsung Smart TVs come with the Facebook Watch app built-in.
You can connect your computer or laptop to your Roku TV and access the desktop version of Facebook on your TV. i.e., you can screencast/mirror your PC screen to Roku using Google Chromecast or Apple TV.
In addition, you can use an HDMI cable to connect your PC to a TV and thereby access Facebook on your TV.
Using iOS Device
If you have an HDMI cable and Lightning to Digital AV adapter handy, you can connect your iPhone or iPad to Roku TV. With this, you shall access Facebook on TV. In addition to this, you can even connect your Apple TV to Roku and mirror your iPhone/iPad wirelessly.
What Streaming Devices Support Facebook
You can access Facebook on the following devices.
- How to Cast Facebook Videos to TV using Chromecast
- How to Watch Facebook Videos on Apple TV
- Facebook on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Access Facebook on Sony Smart TV
- How to Use Facebook on Vizio Smart TV
These were all of the possible ways to access Facebook on your Roku TV. You can rely on any of these methods until you get access to Facebook for Roku officially.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can’t download the Facebook app on any Roku device as it is not available on the Roku Channel Store. You can only mirror the Facebook app from your smartphone.
For now, you can use Apple TV and Firestick to use Facebook on TV.
You can watch Facebook live video on your Roku with any of the above methods given in this article. It is to note that you can’t control the video on the Roku device.
No. The app isn’t still made for Roku devices.
Yes. You can screen mirror to Roku or AirPlay Facebook from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
No. There is no official Facebook app made for Roku streaming devices.
Facebook is currently compatible with smartphones and is available as a web version only. Since accessing social apps on smart TV is difficult, Roku isn’t available on Roku.