Turning on the Vizio Smart TV need not always be done from the remote controller. Whether the Vizio TV remote is not working or damaged, or you lost your remote, turning on the device isn’t any hard. It is because there are different ways to turn on your Vizio Television without the remote. In addition, like most smart TVs, Vizio TV also has Vizio remote app for control and navigation purposes. You can use this app to turn on Vizio TV without the remote. In modern-day smart TVs, including Vizio TV, you will find advanced features like built-in Chromecast support, the ability to install and uninstall apps, play games, etc. In this guide, you will get to know how to turn on your Vizio Smart TV using a smartphone app.
Note: Pair the Vizio SmartCast app with the TV when the TV is on.
How to Turn On Vizio Smart TV without Remote
Since Vizio TV supports Vizio TV remote app,
(1) Open the Vizio SmartCast app on your smartphone.
(2) Tap the Control icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
(3) Click on the Devices button on the top right and select your Vizio TV.
(4) Now, click on the Power button on the app, and the TV will turn on.
Note: Vizio SmartCast app is compatible with the Vizio Smart TV models from 2015 and above models.
How to Turn On Vizio TV without Remote [Using Physical Button]
Vizio TV has a physical power button, and you can use it to turn on the device when you have lost your remote or if it isn’t working. If you don’t want to use the smartphone app, you can use this alternate way. You can look for the power button on the bottom right or left. Sometimes, you will find the Power button, along with some mechanical buttons for volume control, input selection, etc., at the backside.
You need to find the Power button and gently press the Power button to turn on the Vizo TV.
Use the SmartCast app or the backside button when there is no remote for Vizio TV to turn on. Pair the SmartCast app with your TV and control the TV without the remote.
How to Control Vizio TV Without Remote
While you can turn on the Vizio TV without the remote using the physical button, you cannot navigate its interface easily. Hence, it is better to use the SmartCast app from your phone to control it. The users can even add apps on Vizio TV using this app.
(1) Launch the SmartCast app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
(2) Look for the Control option at the bottom and click on it.
(3) Choose the Devices option from the right corner and select Vizio TV among the available devices.
(4) When the control menu appears, you will get all the features like the physical remote.
- i.e., options to change input, turn on and off the TV, video mode settings, etc.
How to Turn On Vizio TV without Remote [Using Gaming Consoles]
Those gaming enthusiasts can use the PS4 or Nintendo Switch as an external source to turn on the smart TV without the remote.
Turn On a Vizio TV Via Nintendo Switch
(1) Start by connecting your Nintendo Switch to the Vizio TV through the Dock.
(2) Navigate to click on the System Settings option on the home screen.
(3) Select the TV Settings option on the left pane. Highlight Match TV Power State on the right pane and turn it On.
(4) Now, if your Nintendo Switch goes to sleep mode, the input will turn off. Similarly, if you turn on the Switch, Vizio TV will turn on.
Turn On Vizio TV Via PS4
(1) Initially, you need to connect your PS 4 Console to the Vizio TV using the HDMI cable.
(2) Go to Settings and select the System option.
(3) Now, hover over to highlight Enable HDMI Device Link and check in the box.
(4) The TV will turn on if you turn on the PlayStation 4 gaming console.
Important Note: While PS4 and Nintendo Switch help with turning on the TV, Xbox One users cannot do it, or rather there is no way to enable HDMI CEC. i.e., Xbox requires the IR blaster and Xbox Kinect to control the TV. However, they are no longer available from Microsoft, and thus, controlling the TV using the Xbox isn’t possible.
How to Reset Vizio TV without Remote
Besides controlling, it is possible to soft reset your Vizio smartTV without the remote controller. It can be carried out to restart all the services on the TV or boot the TV for improved performance. The steps below will let you reset your Vizio TV in no time.
(1) Firstly, you need to plug out the power cable from the Vizio TV.
(2) Make sure to wait for about 3 minutes.
(3) Now, you can plug the power cord into the socket and turn on the Vizio TV.
Tip: To perform a quick restart, find the power button on your Vizio TV, and press it to switch off the TV.
You can rely on any of the ways given in this article to power your TV without the remote controller. If you want to use the best features, it is recommended to Update Vizio Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Look at the backside of your Vizio TV to find the power button. If you can’t locate it, you shall look into the user manual that comes along with your TV.
Yes. Turning on a Vizio TV without the remote is possible by using a physical power button, SmartCast app, or with the help of external devices.
You can use the smartphone app – Vizio SmartCast app to control the TV.
Vizio TV models from 2014 and above will have the Power button on the backside.
You can power off the Vizio TV without the remote using the physical power button.
Look for the physical volume button on your TV and press the volume up button to increase the audio.
You can use the Vizio Smart Cast app to control the TV without the remote controller.
It may be available either on the bottom-most side of the TV or at the top. Few Vizio TV models will have a physical power button at the backside of the TV.
You can turn on Vizio TV manually using the physical power button available on the TV.
It may be because the remote is not working or the external cables aren’t connected properly.