Jellyfin is a media server app, similar to Plex. You can stream it on any device from your own Jellyfin server. Jellyfin allows you to manage and stream your own media by running the server on your system. Further, you can save your favorite movies with a beautiful collection of posters and organize the TV shows by season automatically. It lets you enjoy your music collection with the playlists created by you. In addition, you can also watch live TV and set up automatic recordings to add to your media library. The Jellyfin app is available on the App Store only for iPhones and iPad. There is no dedicated Jellyfin app for Apple TV. So you need to screen mirror your iPhone to Apple TV and stream the Jellyfin media files on your Apple TV.
How to Stream Jellyfin on Apple TV Using Screen Mirroring
1. Connect your iPhone and Apple TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Navigate to the Control Center on your iPhone.
3. Click the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Your iPhone will search for the nearby AirPlay devices.
5. Select your Apple TV from the list once it is detected.
6. Then, your iPhone screen will be displayed on your Apple TV screen.
7. Open the Jelllyfin app on your iPhone. If you don’t have the app install it from the App Store.
8. Tap the Get button to install the app.
9. Open the Jellyfin app on your iPhone.
10. Select the media files and stream them on your Apple TV.
How to Connect to Jellyfin Server
1. Create a Jellyfin Server by navigating to the website.
2. After creating the Jellyfin server, open the Jellyfin app on your device.
3. Tap the Enter Manually tile under Select Server.
4. Enter the server address on the given field.
5. Tap the Connect button to connect to the server.
6. Wait till the server connects to the Jellyfin app.
7. Now, you can upload and manage your media content on the Jellyfin server.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, there is no dedicated Jellyfin app for Apple TV.
Yes, you can watch Jellyfin on Apple TV using the AirPlay feature.
Yes, Jellyfin is a safe platform as it doesn’t track your phone home or central servers that collect your data.