Now with the change in phase of entertainment, we all started looking for varieties. The Digital Media Player is taking over the whole as you can enjoy the contents on your PC from various clients. Plex is one such kind, which can be used from any PC with Windows, macOS, or Linux. Likewise, you can stream your Plex contents on Roku TV. Here is how to install and use Plex on Roku.
Install and Use Plex on Roku
All you have to do is to download and install the Plex channel application on your Roku TV or Stick. You can download the app from the native app store of Roku.
Make sure to create a Plex account before proceeding any further.
Download the Plex App
- Connect the Roku device to your TV by using the HDMI port and provide an uninterrupted WiFi and Power supply.
- Power on your Roku TV. On your home page, you can find the Roku Channel Store. Click on it to navigate.
- On your Channel Store’s left panel, scroll down and select “Streaming Channels“.
- Scroll and select the Search icon. In the Search bar, type Plex using the on-screen keyboard with the help of your remote.
- Now, Roku will search and provide the Plex channel. Select the “Add Channel” button
You can see the application is being downloaded and installed in the background. After completion, you can see a notification stating that “Plex has been added to your Roku successfully”. You can find the Plex Application on your Roku TV home screen.
Sign in to Plex on Roku TV
- Now, open the Plex application and sign in with your existing account.
- On your mobile or computer, open the Plex app and sign in to your own account.
- You will be provided with on-screen instructions and directed to the Activate link.
- Now, your TV screen will display a code. Enter the code on the “Activate the code” box and click Submit or Proceed.
Successfully, the device has been connected to your Plex account. Use it and enjoy the contents.
Related: How to Install and Setup Plex on Firestick / Fire TV
You could also screen mirror Plex from your smartphone or PC. But why? When you have a native application. And of course, this is the most reliable way to do it. Don’t forget to comment with your opinions.