Google Play Movies offer thousands of movies, TV shows, and series. You can either buy or rent the titles you want and watch them instantly. Since the titles are being categorized under different categories, you can find them easily. It is available on Android, iOS, and on some streaming devices. If you are using Firestick, you can get Google Play Movies easily from the Amazon App Store. To use Google Play Movies on Firestick, you need not opt for any monthly subscription. Rather, you can just purchase or rent your favorite titles, and you can access them from the My Library section.
With this, you get the option to stream the titles offline. And Google Play Movies is rebranded as Google TV only in the US. Now let’s learn the step-by-step procedure to install and watch Google Play Movies on Fire TV.
How to Install Google Play Movies on Firestick
1. Click on the Find menu from your Firestick Home screen.
2. Select the Search tile when the menu expands further.
3. Using the virtual keyboard, type the app name Google Play Store.
3. Then, select the Google Play Movies app from the search results.
4. Next, click on Get to install the app on Firestick.
5. Once installed, click on Open to launch the app.
6. Next, Sign in with your Google account credentials.
7. Now, you can purchase or rent any Google Play Movies and watch them on your TV screen.
Related: How to Watch Cooking Channel on Firestick in 2021
Alternative Way to Stream Google Play Movies on Firestick
If you face any problem when installing Google Play Movies from the Amazon App Store, you can sideload the same with Downloader on Firestick. Go through the steps given below to sideload Google Play Movies using Downloader.
1. Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources on your Firestick. [Settings >> My Fire TV >> Developer Options >> Downloader >> Turn On]
2. Next, launch the Downloader app on your Firestick.
3. On its home screen, enter the Google Play Movies APK URL in the provided field and click on Go.
4. Once the APK gets downloaded, click on Next and click on Install to install the app on Firestick.
5. When the installation process is over, click on Open to launch the app.
6. Next, Sign in with your Google account details.
7. Finally, you can rent or purchase the movies and TV shows and watch them on your Firestick-connected TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we use Google Play on Firestick?
Yes, you can install Google Play Store on Firestick and get access to every Android app.
2. Can I watch Google Play Movies on Fire TV?
Make use of the procedure given in this article to watch Google Play Movies on Firestick.
3. Is there a monthly fee for Google Play Movies?
There isn’t any subscription plan for Google Play Movies. You can just buy or rent the titles you want.